Mazda N. America Reverses Course - Will Offer Miata With Cherry Top in U.S.
Just days after Torque News reported that only U.K. customers would get the gorgeous Cherry soft top as part of a Limited Edition, Mazda has reversed course. The Cherry top color will soon be available in America. Hmm... Correlation or causation?
Mazda Miata's New Cherry Top
Mazda is using the term dark Cherry to describe the new top color. Its manufacturer, Haartz Corp., calls the color “claret” after the deep purple-red color of that vintage wine. Either name is fine with us. We think it looks gorgeous. Like all Miata soft-tops, Haartz' durable and attractive Stayfast C remains the top's material.
- Related Story: Convertible Tops May Soon Be More Stylish Thanks to Haartz
Other Miata Changes For 2018
For 2018 Mazda will be mixing it up a bit with new packages and new combinations for Miata shoppers. Here is a quick rundown of the changes Mazda has planned for U.S. customers:
- The 2018 Mazda MX-5 Miata soft top offers a variety of new color choices, with an available Dark Cherry soft top; Auburn Nappa leather interior; and Soul Red Crystal and Machine Gray Metallic premium exterior paint options
- MX-5 Club with Brembo/BBS Package adds heated, black, leather-trimmed seats
- Heated, RECARO sport seats headline new Brembo/BBS RECARO Package
- MAZDA CONNECTTM infotainment system standard on MX-5 Sport
The 2018 MX-5 soft top goes on sale nationwide beginning January 2018 with a starting MSRP of $25,295 and a mainland delivery charge of $875.