Soon a familiar friend will be headed to a Toyota dealership near you. Yes, the Toyota Venza, my friends.
But this will mark the return of really the nameplate only. This 2021 Venza is far from its predecessor that many people still know and love.
Venza will come back as an all-hybrid, all all-wheel drive. It is sleek and classy and luxurious, both inside and out. Loaded with standard features and safety systems. Some of these features stand out more than others.
Oh, and it will average up to 40 miles per gallon.
If so, the next step may be to decide what trim level to focus your attention on.
2021 Toyota Venza configurations
Venza will roll out a strategy for its trim levels that should be easy to remember. LE is the entry level, followed by XLE and Limited. This follows a similar pattern that many popular Toyota models currently use.
Look for 2021 Toyota Venza to utilize a 2.5-liter dynamic force 4-cylinder engine working with electric motors. It will produce 219 total system horsepower, which is identical to current RAV4 Hybrid models.
It features an electronic continuously variable transmission and electronic on-demand all-wheel drive. The hybrid battery is Lithium Ion.
Gas mileage is expected to hit 40 mpg in the city, 37 mpg on the highway and 39 mpg combined.
2021 Venza LE
One of the best qualities about the incoming Toyota Venza is how much equipment comes standard. It is really quite impressive.
For example, 2021 Venza LE is stacked. Here is a sampling:
- Fabric seating with 8-way power driver seat with lumbar support.
- 18-inch two-tone alloy wheels.
- LED headlights and taillights.
- Hands-free power liftgate.
- 8-inch touchscreen with 6 speakers.
- 1 media USB port with 3 more charging USB ports.
- 3-door smart key system.
- Toyota Safety Sense 2.0.
- Blind spot monitor with rear cross-traffic alert.
- Electronic parking brake with brake hold.
- 4.2-inch multi-information display.
- Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, Amazon Alexa and SiriusXM.
So, you see, this is not your ordinary entry point for a new vehicle model. Like I said, Venza LE is loaded.
2021 Venza XLE
This will more than likely be the sweet spot in the Venza lineup. I expect this one to be the top seller versus the other grades.
- Softex-lined seats with fabric seat inserts.
- 19-inch super chrome alloy wheels.
- Projector LED headlights with a dual LED daytime running light system.
- Heated front seats.
- Parking assist in front and rear with automated braking.
- Roof rails.
- Auto-dimming rearview mirror with Homelink.
- 7-inch multi-information display.
- 5-door smart key.
2021 Venza Limited
As William Shatner once said famously in Miss Congeniality, “She’s beauty and she’s grace. She’s Miss United States.”
Same can be said for Venza Limited. This features a big step-up for luxury, technology, convenience and beauty.
- 4-way power passenger seat.
- 12.3-inch multimedia touchscreen with 9 JBL speakers (with a 1200-watt amp).
- Dynamic navigation.
- Digital rearview mirror.
- SofTex heated and ventilated / cooled front seats.
- Heated leather-trimmed steering wheel.
- Bird’s eye view camera.
2021 Toyota Venza Pricing
Venza is expected to reach retail dealerships across the country in late August into September. Pricing should be attractive.
Venza LE has a factory MSRP (before delivery and processing fees) of $32,470. XLE comes in at $36,000 and Limited is $39,800.
Time for your thoughts on 2021 Venza
What do you think of the new Venza so far and is it on your radar for a potential future purchase? If so, what trim level catches your eye the most?
Do you currently own or have you owned a previous generation Toyota Venza? How has that gone and how many miles do you have on yours?
Thanks for reading everyone. See you next story when I talk about a next-gen Toyota Tacoma.
Follow Jeff Teague on social media:
Thank you everyone for following me.