Tesla's New Video Shows Its 2020 Milestones in Automotive, Energy and Stock Sectors
Tesla posted a thank you video to its employees who helped the company achieve tremendous achievements in 2020 dwelling on its automotive, energy, stock and deliveries.
Tesla’s thank you video names all the impressive milestones it passed despite the past year’s challenges. Below are some of the milestones listed in the video.
Maria Merano from Teslarati has compiled Tesla's 2020 Achievement list based on Tesla's thank you video to its employees.
TESLA’S AUTOMOTIVE DIVISION
- Tesla Giga Shanghai factory starts Made-in-China Model 3 deliveries at the beginning of 2020.
- Tesla breaks ground on Giga Berlin.
- Tesla produces its 1,000,000th vehicle.
- US Model Y deliveries start in late Q1.
- Tesla produces 102,672 vehicles and delivers 88,496 in Q1 2020.
- Tesla implements proper virus guidelines to reopen following a mandatory virus related shutdown.
- Contactless deliveries were launched to make car purchases safer and easier despite the virus.
- Model Y deliveries begin in Canada.
- Tesla Model S becomes first production electric car with a 400-mile range.
- Tesla produces 82,272 vehicles and delivers 90,891 in Q2 2020.
- Tesla announces Gigafactory Texas.
- Tesla Model S Plaid completes record 1.30.327 lap at Laguna Seca.
- Tesla introduces custom 4680 cell during Battery Day and more.
- Tesla produces 145,036 cars and delivers 139,593 in Q3 2020.
- Giga Shanghai’s MIC Model 3 exports to Europe start.
- Tesla releases Full Self-Driving beta to first batch of testers.
- Tesla Supercharger Network grows up to 20,000 and counting.
- Tesla delivers half a million cars by the end of 2020.
- Giga New York builds Solar Roof for 1,000 homes in one week.
- Tesla installs 100,000th Powerwall.
- Tesla offers the lowest price for solar panels in America.
- Tesla begins work on world’s largest Megapack project in Moss Landing, CA.
- Tesla completes Powerpack battery expansion at the Hornsdale Power Reserve in Australia.
- Tesla declares five-for-one-stock split in Q3 to make TSLA more accessible for retail investors.
- Tesla joins S&P 500 in Q4 2020.
"Each milestone could not have been achieved without the people behind Tesla, and the video seems to reflect that. Tesla seems adamant to keep its ball of success rolling in 2021," concludes Merano at Teslarati.
Armen Hareyan is the founder and the Editor in Chief of Torque News. He founded TorqueNews.com in 2010, which since then has been publishing expert news and analysis about the automotive industry. He can be reached at Torque News Twitter, Facebok, Linkedin and Youtube.