Mazda's all-new CX-30 has broken cover in the United States. While automotive media members take their first drives this week the information on how the new compact crossover drives and feels is embargoed. However, we can tell you all about the vehicle in terms of specifications and with images. Our report on how the new CX-30 drives will follow once we have had a week to test the new vehicle.
CX-30 Size and Capacities
The new CX-30 crossover will be smaller than the Mazda CX-5 and larger than the CX-3. Why didn't Mazda call it the CX-4? What fun would that be?!
CX-30 Drivetrain (U.S. Models)
There will be no diesel CX-30 in the U.S. The only drivetrain offered is the Mazda 2.5-liter non-turbo engine. It makes 186 hp and 186 lb-ft of torque in the CX-30. We have driven this engine on so many occassions we can't begin to list them. In a vehicle this size, it is more than enough for fun and powerful driving. We even own this engine in our own CX-5 Grand Touring. Mazda has made a wise choice of engines here. This is a proven reliable engine with great efficiency. The six-speed automatic transmission and optional all-wheel drive systems are also well-vetted and reliable.
The CX-30 will feature an 8.8-inch large center display. All but the base trim will have Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. So skip the base model. These are valuable features that allow you to have your own music and navigation seamlessly integrated into the CX-30. Shame on Mazda for not making this standard on all trims.
Available features in the Mazda CX-30 include the following. Be sure to check that the trim you are looking has the features you are most interested in:
-AM/FM eight-speaker sound system with HD RadioTM
-Bluetooth hands-free phone and audio
-automatic on/off LED headlights
-electronic parking brake
- two front USB inputs
- rain-sensing windshield wiper
- push-button start
- remote keyless illuminated entry system
- 16 or 18-inch aluminum-alloy wheels
- LED Signature illumination headlights and taillights, LED taillights, LED daytime running lights
- standard i-Activsense safety includes Driver Attention Alert, Mazda Radar Cruise Control with stop and go function, Lane Departure Warning with Lane-Keep Assist, Smart Brake Support and High Beam Control.
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert
- Mazda Advanced Keyless Entry
- leather steering wheel and shift knob
- Optional leather seating surfaces
- dual-zone automatic climate control
- rear air conditioning vents and rear armrest with cupholders
- (Optional) Bose® 12-speaker premium audio
- heated front seats, eight-way power and memory driver’s seat with lumbar support, memory position door mirrors, - - SiriusXM® with three-month trial subscription.
- the top-trim CX-30 Premium includes a windshield-projected Active Driving Display
- Optional power liftgate
- power moonroof,
- Adaptive Front Lighting system
Including destination and delivery fees, the Mazda CX-30 will range in price from about $23K to about $32K. To the prices shown in the above chart, be sure to add $1,045 for destination.
Look for the new Mazda CX-30 at a dealer near you in the coming months.