April 2019 Camaro of the Month: Keith Penland's Custom 2015 LS
Each month, TorqueNews works with the members from the Camaros Unlimited Facebook group to select our Camaro of the Month. The process begins with the members of the Camaros Unlimited Facebook page – more than 42,000 of them – nominating their favorite Chevrolet Camaro owned by a fellow member of the page. Once five owners have been nominated, the voting begins and when the balloting closes – we have our Camaro of the Month.
For April 2019, the members chose this gorgeous 2015 Chevrolet Camaro LS and when the community members picked this car as their favorite for the month, I reached out to the Penland for more information. Below, you will find his story, which includes a second Camaro as well.
Penland’s 2015 Camaro LS
My Camaro is a 2015 LS. Its paint color is Blue Velvet Metallic. I am a retired Air Force veteran. We got Ms. Blue (that’s her name) on Veterans Day 2015. Camaros have been part of our lives since 2010, when I rented one to go pickup my future wife. We also have a 2011 Camaro SS/RS. We use the Camaro for events, like Trunk or Treat for Halloween. We also participate in Parade of Lights at Vandenberg Air Force Base in California at Christmas Time for the kids on base, allowing me to showcase the custom LED lighting.
Things I have done to Ms. Blue:
1. Changed to 20 inch Factory Reproductions ZLI Wheels. 20x11 on Rear. 20x10 Front. Tires are 285/35 20’s BFG COMP 2 all around
2. Added Carbon Fiber Stripes
3. Carbon Fiber dash Kit (Blue)
4. Cover King Blue & Black Seat covers
5. CARiD red Brake Caliber Covers
6. Upgraded Speakers and added Amp.
7. Under hood Mural by Wrap n Graphics in Bakersfield Ca. Also Wiring Harness cover and other mural in trunk with eagles and Flags by Wrap N Graphics.
8. Over 300 LEDs that change color and beat to music.
9. Powered Coated Strut Brace. (Silver)
10. Tinted Windows
11. Rear Window louvers
12. Weather Tech floor mates
Future things I would like to do:
Lower or bag it.
Fazzi Ground Effects Kit. Warped in Carbon Fiber
Side Window Louvers
Who’s knows what else. Always a work in progress.
Congratulations to Keith Penland and his 2015 Chevrolet Camaro LS for being named the Camaro of the Month for April 2019. If you would like to participate in the Camaro of the Month program with your Chevy muscle car, click here to join Camaros Unlimited!