23 Cars Below $35K Equipped With Advanced Safety Tech; Subaru Has 5
According to a recent study by J.D. Power, three of the top five technologies consumers most prefer in their next vehicle are related to collision protection. Consumers are most interested in safety technology in their new car, and the good news is, you don’t have to spend a lot to get them.
A recent report by Consumer Reports (CR), reveals Subaru has the most cars under $35,000 with advanced safety features of any automaker. CR compiled a list of 23 cars under $35K equipped with advanced safety systems showing Subaru has the most with 5 vehicles, the most of any automaker. They aren’t the only automaker offering advanced safety. Toyota, Kia, Hyundai and Mazda also have a large number of vehicles on the list.
But Subaru is leading the auto industry when it comes to offering more vehicles with safety tech at an affordable price point. Safety is one of the core values for the brand and they are also keeping pace with the top luxury brands. In another CR report on quality, Subaru was ahead of more opulent luxury brands like Lexus, Porsche and BMW. And when CR looked at which safety systems owners liked and what brands had the best systems, Subaru ranked highest with consumers along with luxury brands Tesla and Infinity.
Subaru does it with their new-generation EyeSight driver assist system. It integrates Adaptive Cruise Control, Pre-Collision Braking and Vehicle Lane Departure Warning. This advanced safety system uses Subaru-developed stereo camera technology that was rated highest in front crash prevention system by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS).
Consumer Reports highly recommends four safety systems because they’ve proved to have high satisfaction among real-world car owners. There are: Forward-collision warning (FCW), automatic emergency braking (AEB), blind-spot warning, and rear cross-traffic warning. Subaru offers these four recommended systems on five vehicles under $35K.
Here’s 23 cars under $35,000 that feature all 4 advanced safety systems ranked by price. They are listed with the packages required, and price including any required packages.
1. Kia Forte S -S Technology Package ($21,685),
2. Subaru Impreza 2.5i Premium -Eyesight Driver Assist Technology, Blind Spot Detection/Rear Cross-Traffic Alert (BSD/RCTA), and High Beam Assist ($23,410)
3. Subaru Crosstrek 2.0i Premium -EyeSight Driver Assist Technology, Blind Spot Detection/Rear Cross-Traffic Alert ($25,905)
4. Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium -Eyesight Driver Assist Technology, Blind Spot Detection/Rear Cross-Traffic Alert, and High Beam Assist ($26,310)
5. Mazda CX-3 Grand Touring -i-ACTIVSENSE Safety Package ($27,400)
6. Hyundai Elantra Limited -Tech Package and Ultimate Package ($27,585)
7. Honda CR-V EX -All four safety systems come standard on EX trim level ($27,735)
8. Mazda3 Grand Touring -Premium Equipment Package and i-ACTIVSENSE Safety Package ($28,070)
9. Subaru Forester 2.5i Premium -EyeSight Driver Assist Technology, All-Weather Package, Blind Spot Detection/ Rear Cross-Traffic Alert, Fog lights ($28,805)
10.Toyota Prius Four -All four safety systems come standard on Prius Four trim level ($30,020)
11. Toyota RAV4 XLE -“Power Premium" Extra Value Package with options ($30,190)
12. Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium -Eyesight Driver Assist Technology, Blind Spot Detection/Rear Cross-Traffic Alert, Power Rear Gate, High Beam Assist ($30,565)
13. Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring -All four safety systems come standard on Grand Touring trim ($30,930)
14. Toyota Camry 4-cyl. XLE -Power tilt/slide moonroof with options ($31,430)
15. Ford Fusion 2.0L Turbo SE -202A SE Luxury Package, Driver Assist Package, SE Technology Package, Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop-and-Go ($31,675)
16. Mazda6 Grand Touring -All four safety systems come standard on Grand Touring trim ($31,870)
17. Kia Sportage EX -EX Premium Package, EX Premium Plus Package ($31,990)
18. Kia Optima EX -EX Premium Package, EX Premium Plus Package ($32,430)
19. Hyundai Sonata Limited -Tech Package for Limited, Ultimate Package for Limited ($33,135)
20. Hyundai Tucson Limited -Ultimate Package for Limited ($33,475)
21. Kia Sorento LX V6 -LX V6 Advanced Technology Package, LX V6 Convenience Package ($33,595)
22. Toyota Prius Prime Advanced -All four safety systems come standard on Advanced trim level ($33,985)
23. Chevrolet Malibu Premier -Driver Confidence Package, Driver Confidence Package II ($34,040)
Subaru has five vehicles in their lineup on the list under $35,000 offering the four recommended safety systems. They have the 2018 Subaru Impreza compact, Crosstrek crossover, Legacy sedan, Forester SUV and Outback wagon. They aren’t the only automaker offering advanced safety. Toyota, Kia, Hyundai and Mazda also have a large number of vehicles on the list. Toyota, Kia and Mazda have four vehicles, Hyundai has three, and Chevrolet, Ford and Honda each have one.
Photo credit: Subaru of America