The Tesla touchscreen is the primary way to interact with your Tesla car. It controls everything from the climate control to the navigation system. Here's a quick guide on how to use it:
Starting the touchscreen: To turn on the touchscreen, press the power button on the bottom right corner of the screen.
Navigating the touchscreen: You can use the touchscreen by touching the icons or text that you want to interact with. You can also use the scroll wheel on the right side of the steering wheel to scroll through menus and lists.
Using voice commands: You can also use voice commands to control the touchscreen. To do this, press and hold the voice command button on the steering wheel. Then, speak your command.
By the way: A new video gives us our first glimpse of how Tesla's neural network gear selector works and how it is overridden by the touchscreen. We also see how to engage Plaid in the new Model S.
Here are some of the things you can do with the touchscreen:
- Control the climate control: You can use the touchscreen to adjust the temperature, fan speed, and other climate control settings.
- Navigate: You can use the touchscreen to enter a destination and get directions. You can also use the map to see your current location and nearby points of interest.
- Play music: You can use the touchscreen to play music from your phone, a USB drive, or the internet. You can also control the volume and other playback settings.
- Use the car's features: You can use the touchscreen to control the car's features, such as the headlights, turn signals, and wipers.
- Get help: If you need help with anything, you can use the touchscreen to access the car's owner's manual or contact Tesla customer support.
The Tesla touchscreen is a powerful tool that can help you control your car and enjoy your driving experience. By following these tips, you can learn how to use it to its full potential.
Here are some additional tips for using the Tesla touchscreen:
Use the split-screen view: The split-screen view allows you to view two different things on the touchscreen at the same time. This is useful for things like viewing the map while also playing music.
Use the quick controls: The quick controls are a set of shortcuts that you can use to access frequently used features. To access the quick controls, swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
Use voice commands: Voice commands can be a great way to control the touchscreen while you're driving. To use voice commands, press and hold the voice command button on the steering wheel. Then, speak your command.
Keep the touchscreen clean: The touchscreen is a delicate piece of equipment, so it's important to keep it clean. To clean the touchscreen, use a soft, damp cloth. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners.
By following these tips, you can keep your Tesla touchscreen clean and in good working order. Also see: How To Bring Tesla Apps To The Top Of The Screen With Long Press.
Armen Hareyan is the founder and the Editor in Chief of Torque News. He founded TorqueNews.com in 2010, which since then has been publishing expert news and analysis about the automotive industry. He can be reached at Torque News Twitter, Facebok, Linkedin and Youtube.