It has been quite a year for Lamborghini’s Huracan Performante. Introduced at last year’s Geneva Motor Show, the Performante has been an outstanding performer on tracks across Europe. In just a year, the supercar has set new lap-time records on eight international circuits.
Performante sets eight single-lap speed records
The Performante set the times during press-supported time-trials that were sponsored by the major magazines at each circuit. The dates, tracks, and times are listed here:
- 03/07/2017 Vairano (Quattroruote) – 1:09:43
- 03/08/2017 Balocco (Auto) – 2:38:07
- 29/08/2017 Contidrom (Auto Zeitung) – 1:29:.6
- 25/09/2017 Mira (Autocar) – 1:05:03
- 28/09/2017 Wroughton (The Grand Tour) – 1:16:8
- 09/10/2017 Boxberg (Auto Motor und Sport) – 42:.3
- 06/11/2017 Le Mans Bugatti (Sport Auto) – 1:42:49
- 14/11/2017 Anneau du Rhin (Sport Auto) – 57:.5
The records show the Performante is one of the fastest performance cars in the world. The automaker believes that the records illustrate that not only is the supercar an exceptional performer, but it also has the features to support its success. Indeed, Lambo attributes much of the Performante’s success to the Active Aerodynamics system (ALA). The ALA won last year’s Autocar Innovation Award.
Lambo, using the ALA, has made provides improvements to the powertrain. For example, the system offers aero-vectoring. Other features include dedicated chassis setup and an all-wheel-drive system. There have also been other powertrain enhancements. Thanks to the changes, the Performante yields an incredibly high return, as well as the best performance on the track. The Performante retains excellent road manners and handling, making it quite a sophisticated – albeit fast – ride.
Powerplant is a 5.2-liter 640-horsepower V-10 engine