Why Toyotas Burn So Much Oil and What You Can Do About It
What’s In This Must-Watch Video
Toyotas are great cars---there is no denying that. However, it is not without its faults and neither are some of its owners.
That is the message in this important video that you need to understand why Toyota vehicles burn so much oil and what this means to someone shopping for a used Toyota just because someone recommended it as a preferred used car buy.
Discover in the Video:
• What oil consumption stage your Camry or other Toyota model is in and what it means.
• Why Toyota engines burn so much oil and which engines are worse than others.
• Why you should not switch oil types to fix an oil burning problem.
• The caveats to using oil system cleaners for helping your engine burn less oil.
• Why you cannot compare the worth of two of the same models when one looks neglected with road salt rust damage and the other is immaculate.
• What the manufacturers fine print has to say that most new owners miss.
• How you can tell that a used Toyota is really irreparable and why.
• How two identical Camry models compared side by side with one driven 92,000 hard miles and the other only 49,000 easy miles within the same time frame.
That said, sit back and relax for what is guaranteed to be an enjoyable and informative learning experience that can save you money and help you select a used Toyota.
Why do Toyota engines consume oil ? And how to prevent it?
For more used car articles related to the topic, be sure to check out the following linked articles “The Sealed Automatic Transmission Flush Deception Revealed by a Mechanic; and, “How to Inspect The Transmission Fluid on a Used Prius.”
COMING UP NEXT: What a Toyota Engine Rebuild Can Cost
Timothy Boyer is Torque News automotive reporter based in Cincinnati. Experienced with early car restorations, he regularly restores older vehicles with engine modifications for improved performance. Follow Tim on Twitter at @TimBoyerWrites for daily automotive-related news.