New 2015 Alfa Romeo 4C quickly sets remarkable lap record [video]
The new 2015 Alfa Romeo 4C has just launched in Ireland and has already received two impressive awards and beats many top cars to set a production-car lap record. The new mid-engined performance car is off to a very impressive start and gets high praise from the press in Ireland. What did the new 4C accomplish?
2015 Alfa Romeo 4C wins two major awards
The new lightweight sports car beat a long list of worthy competitors to claim the “Performance Car of the Year” title in the inaugural Association of Professional Motoring Press (APMP) inaugural awards in Ireland. Alfa Romeo 4C was also named joint “Overall Best Car 2015” in the Sunday Times Ireland / CompleteCar.ie Best Car Guide for 2015.
4C beats an impressive field
Even more impressive, is that the new mid-engined performance car with its carbon-fibre chassis claimed the Rev.ie production car lap record at Mondello Park racing circuit in Ireland. The new sports from Alfa Romeo was driven by experienced racing driver and motoring journalist Ian Beatty. Here’s a list of cars the 4C beat and the lap times at the Mondello Park Race Circuit.
1. Alfa Romeo 4C 1:04.53 2. SEAT Leon Cupra DSG 1:05.33 3. SEAT Leon Cupra 2014 1:05.68 4. Peugeot RCZ R 1:05.74 5. MINI JCW GP 1:05:83 6. Audi S3 Saloon 1:06.80 7. VW Golf GTI Performance 1:07.46 8. Renault Megane Trophy 1:07.56 9. Skoda Octavia RS 2014 1:08.21, 10. Ford Focus ST 1:08.22.
High praise for the Alfa Romeo 4C
Commenting on the APMP Performance Car of the Year win, Chairperson Michael Sherdian (RTE Motors) noted: "The Alfa Romeo 4C is outrageous fun to drive. With supercar looks at a fraction of the cost Alfa Romeo has a true star with its pocket-rocket 4C." The Sunday Times/ CompleteCar.ie judges said the Alfa Romeo 4C is “easily one of the most exciting cars you can buy right now,” noting that it is “a complete blast to drive.”
- ALSO READ: The Alfa Romeo 4C Laps the Nurburgring in 8:04
- LEARN 3 secret facts of 2014 Alfa Romeo 4C you didn’t know
- WATCH Alfa Romeo Disco Volante by Touring is most attractive car in the world [video]
- DON'T MISS: 2016 Mazda Miata may have Alfa Romeo 4C's amazing 240 HP engine
The 2015 Alfa Romeo 4C mid-engined performance car has just launched in Ireland and is already receiving impressive awards and beat many top cars to set a production-car lap record at the Mondello Park Race Circuit. The new mid-engined performance car with its carbon-fibre chassis is off to a very impressive start.
Other 2014 Alfa Romeo 4C stories of interest.
2014 Alfa Romeo 4C officially coming to U.S.
Watch Alfa Romeo 4C test drive at the track at Mondello Park video.