Breaking News: 2021 Ford F-150 To Be Revealed Virtually On June 25
Several news sites had reported that the 2021 Ford F-150 would be revealed on June 18. That has proven to be false, as I expected. Ford has confirmed, through a press invitation, that the official reveal of the 14th-generation all-new 2021 F-150 will take place on June 25, at 8 p.m.
The invitation only, online reveal will finally answer all of the questions we have. I have been invited to this and will cover it exclusively here at Torque News. While lots of questions remain, there are some things we know about the 2021 F-150.
What We Already Know About the 2021 Ford F-150
• It will have a mobile generator as an option. As I reported this week, Ford all but said as much. While this isn’t a new concept for trucks, it will be a nice addition to the next-generation F-150.
• You can order a 2021 Ford F-150 on July 15
• Production begins October 12 at the Dearborn Truck Plant and November 9 at the Kansas City Plant for delivery before end of the year.
• There will be over-the-air updates available for the next-generation F-150. Ford’s Chief Product Development and Purchasing Officer Hau Tha-Tang confirmed that on an interview.
• We know all of the engine configurations already as well, as I first reported here. This of course, includes a hybrid engine, for the first time ever for the F-150.
• We also know all of the color palettes that will be available, including those that will be coming and going. In the story, I introduced a new shade of blue (Antimatter blue) but also the retiring of the popular Magma Red.
Rumors About the 2021 F-150 That Will Be Answered
Once Ford does the virtual reveal, and I hope it’s similar to what Toyota did with the virtual launch of the Sienna hybrid and Venza hybrid, but more in depth. I want to be able to see inside. And there are several rumored-to-be-true but unconfirmed things I want to see.
Here’s what I hope to confirm:
• What will the new tailgate look like on the 2021 Ford F-150? Ford had filed some patents that look interesting and may rival that of the GMC Sierra.
• What will be the overall performance numbers of the hybrid F-150? What will the towing capacity be?
• Will we see the 2021 Ford Raptor and what will be different about it?
• Will Sync 4 be standard and how big of an infotainment screen will be standard or available?
• Will we learn more about the upcoming all-electric 2022 F-150? (I doubt it)
• What about the new mirrors that have been seen on some spy photos? Will this be standard on all trims?
• Is there a new trim coming for the 2021 Ford F-150 or will any trim be discontinued?
• Lastly, will there be a surprise engine that we don’t know about or perhaps the discontinuation of the 3.0-liter diesel, which doesn’t sell well.
So, there you have it. Confirmed reveal date after all this time and all this speculation. It’s already on my calendar. I’ll be hanging on every word and looking at every angle possible. We now also know the Bronco reveal date as well as more information about the F-150 reveal.
Now I want to hear from you, what do you want to see from the 2021 F-150? What do you hope to have answered at the June 25 reveal? Leave me your comments and I’ll try to get that answered for you.
Jimmy Dinsmore has been an automotive journalist for more than a decade and been a writer since the high school. His Driver’s Side column features new car reviews and runs in several newspapers throughout the country. He is also co-author of the book “Mustang by Design” and “Ford Trucks: A Unique Look at the Technical History of America’s Most Popular Truck”. Also, Jimmy works in the social media marketing world for a Canadian automotive training aid manufacturing company. Follow Jimmy on Facebook, Twitter, at his special Ford F-150 coverage on Twitter and LinkedIn. You can read the most of Jimmy's stories by searching Torque News Ford for daily Ford vehicle report.