Tesla Lowest Price Models - What is the Cheapest Tesla?
Which Tesla is the Lowest Price
Here are the current Tesla vehicles ranked from lowest cost to highest cost (without any software or services) as of July 19, 2021:
- Tesla Model 3 Standard: $39,990
- Tesla Model 3 Long Range: $48,990
- Tesla Model Y Long Range: $52,990
- Tesla Model 3 Performance: $56,990
- Tesla Model Y Performance: $60,990
- Tesla Model S Long Range: $84,990
- Tesla Model X Long Range: $89,690
- Tesla Model X Plaid: $114,690
- Tesla Model S Plaid: $129,990
At any time, if you wish to see the price of Tesla vehicles, you can visit the Tesla website.
Additional Costs for the Vehicle
Once you purchase a Tesla, you can configure it and add additional features for additional cost. Here is what those additional features cost:
Software and Services
- Full self-driving upfront: $10,000
- Full self-driving monthly subscription: $199
Tow Hitch for Model Y
- Tow hitch: $1,000
- Model 3/Y Black, silver, or blue paint: $1,000
- Model 3/Y Red multi coat paint: $2,000
- Model X/S Black, silver, or blue paint: $1,500
- Model X/S Red multi coat paint: $2,500
- Model 3 19 inch sport wheels: $1,500
- Model Y 20 inch induction wheels: $2,000
- Model X 22 inch turbine wheels: $5,500
- Model S 21 inch Arachnid wheels: $4,500
- Model 3/Y Black and white interior: $1,000
- Model X/S Black and white or cream interior: $2,000
Number of Seats in Interior
- Model Y 7 seats(Model Y): $3,000
- Model X 6 seats interior: $6,500
- Model X 7 seats interior: $3,500
That's a lot of options and upgrades across Tesla vehicles. In addition to all of this, when you purchase your vehicle, you will pay additional fees for the following (which could vary be vehicle - I took these from my Model 3 registration):
- Destination Fee: $1,125
- Documentation Fee: $75
- Tire Fee: $4
- Uniform Fee: $150
- Registration Amount: $195.75
- Sales Tax (will vary by state): $3,000 or more
Final Verdict on Lowest Price Tesla
The clear cut winner for the lower price Tesla is:
The Tesla Model 3 Standard range (263 miles) that comes with white paint, 18 inch Aero wheels, black interior, no full self-driving at the cost of $39,990 (which does not include additional fees). After all fees are paid, the total cost of the lowest price Tesla will be about $45,000 depending on if you live in a State with sales tax.
Which Tesla do you think is the lowest price? Have I missed anything about the lowest price Tesla? Will Tesla release more affordable versions of its vehicles in the future like the Model 2 or Model 1?
Leave your comments below, share the article with friends and tweet it out to your followers.
Jeremy Johnson is a Tesla investor and supporter. He first invested in Tesla in 2017 after years of following Elon Musk and admiring his work ethic and intelligence. Since then, he's become a Tesla bull, covering anything about Tesla he can find, while also dabbling in other electric vehicle companies. Jeremy covers Tesla developments at Torque News. You can follow him on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram to stay in touch and follow his Tesla news coverage on Torque News.