Everything You Need to Know About Toyota's New 4-Cylinder Turbo Engine
It was big news when Toyota decided to drop their traditional V6 engine for the 2023 Highlander with a new 4-cylinder motor with turbo known as the T24A-FTS---which actually debuted in the 2022 Lexus NX350.
To help clear up what this exactly means for Toyota owners, the Car Care Nut YouTube host recently posted a new video that takes an in-depth look at the engine change and what it means for Toyota owners as he explains the differences between the new engine and the common (but similar) Toyota A25A motor found in a range of other Toyota vehicles.
Related article: Toyota Tundra Warning About Its Engine Change
In the video, the host will cover:
• The primary reason why the V6 was phased out and replaced with a turbo.
• How the engine cover actually serves a purpose.
• Why the fuel injector location was changed.
• A simplification of the oil control valve system.
• Whether you can remove the turbo without pulling the engine?
• Why this new turbo is expected to be more reliable.
• Believe it or not---no exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) present.
• Why the catalytic converter design makes it hard to steal.
• Should Toyota owners be worried about the engine change?
Related article: Why Toyotas Burn So Much Oil and What You Can Do About It
Toyota Drops v6 Going 4 Cylinder Turbo | Everything You Need to Know about the New Engine
For additional informative videos featuring the Car Care Nut, here are two selected favorites:
COMING UP NEXT: The Answer to Whether You Should Buy a New or Used Car Today
Timothy Boyer is a Torque News automotive reporter based in Cincinnati. Experienced with early car restorations, he regularly restores older vehicles with engine modifications for improved performance. Follow Tim on Twitter at @TimBoyerWrites for daily new and used vehicle news.
Image Source: Unsplash