Ford celebrates 20th anniversary of SVT at Mustang Alley
Every year, rain or shine, Detroit holds its popular Woodward Dream Cruise event at the intersection of 9 Mile Road and Woodward Avenue in Ferndale, Michigan (just north of Detroit). The spot transforms into one of the nation's largest outdoor car shows and this year will feature Mustang Alley as more than a million car fans from around the nation converge for this singular event, free to fans who want to show off their rides and check out the latest ponies.
This year will feature a special 20th anniversary showcase of Special Vehicle Team (SVT) vehicles from its beginnings in 1993 to present, with specialty cars and trucks from Ford's lineup of competition vehicles including stock racing, small engine racing, rally cross and more.
A special "Burn Out Box" featuring celebrity guest Vaughn Gittin Jr. and Ford Motor Co pro drivers will perform power displays. Classic cars from Ford and its fans will also be on display, including a full history of Mustang with a total of a massive 40,000 classic and antique vehicles expected to be on display this weekend.
The event will feature a $10/ticket raffle for a one-of-a-kind 2013 Ford Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca with proceeds going to benefit the Multiple Sclerosis Society of Michigan. Other giveaways and events will center around the legendary Mustangs of yesteryear as well as the trend-setting powerhouses of today.
In fact, the full Mustang line will be on display this weekend, including the 662-horsepower monster 2013 Shelby GT500, both the street and the racing version of the Boss 302 (plus the raffle car), and the Mustang GT and V6 Coupe with Performance Package. More than 800 classic Mustangs from 1964 onward will be at the event as well.
The raffle car 2013 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca features:
* Unique exterior color combination of Sterling Gray metallic paint with gloss black reflective striping, rear pedestal spoiler, mirror caps and special badging
* Charcoal cloth interior with custom embroidered Recaro seating and Sterling Gray X-brace
* Ford Racing aluminum wheels with unique finish – 19 x 9 front, 19 x 10 rear
* A coupon for TracKey from Ford Racing will be included with the car to be installed at an authorized Ford dealership
* Boss Track Attack program, offered through Team Mustang and Ford Racing, includes instructor-led training and track time at Miller Motorsports Park (travel to Miller Motorsports Park in Tooele, Utah, not included)