Lexus will make just 900 2012 Lexus CT 200h F Sport Special Edition hybrids
"With limited units available nationwide, they’ll sell out fast to customers who want an all-inclusive sport and luxury package,” said Mark Templin, Lexus Division group vice president and general manager.
“The Special Edition ... will offer our customers choices to fit their luxury and sporty needs.”
In announcing the availability of the hybrid sports car, Lexus also immediately announced its sticker price: $37,995 for the 2012 CT 200h F Sport Special Edition, plus a delivery, processing and handling fee of $875.
“The Special Edition ... will offer our customers choices to fit their luxury and sporty needs,” Templin said. “With the unique and exclusive package offerings, the Special Edition model further demonstrates Lexus’ commitment to our customers.”
The popular CT 200h hybrid compact model's Special Edition is a Premium model that comes with a choice of three exterior colors: Nebula Gray Pearl, Starfire Pearl and Tungsten Pearl. These eight features make the special CT different than other models:
1. F Sport 17-inch alloy wheels with Liquid Silver finish.
2. F Sport suspension with anti-sway bar and springs.
3. Ocean Blue NuLuxe trimmed seats.
4. Black F Sport floor mats with blue contrast stitching.
5. TUMI tote and backpack both with F Sport embossed logo and Ocean Blue NuLuxe zippers and lining.
6. The F Sport Package of a unique front mesh grille, a larger rear spoiler, an F Sport exterior badge, metal front scuff plates, aluminum sport pedals, metallic trim added to dash panel, perforated leather-trimmed steering wheel with F Sport logo, a leather-trimmed shift knob and a black headliner.
7. The Navigation package.
8. The Premium Audio package.
Besides this special CT 200h, Lexus also introduced a 2012 Lexus LS 460 Sport Special Edition ($40,475) and 2012 Lexus ES 350 Touring Edition ($37,995) this week. All three cars will be ready for purchase in the next several weeks.
You can reach TN's Hawke Fracassa at [email protected] or (248) 747-1550. Follow him on Twitter @HawkeFracassa.
Image source: Lexus