New 2022 Toyota Camry Trim Level May Delight Fans
There has been plenty of information to digest lately if you are a Toyota fan.
We are finding out new details about next-gen Tundra. There is a Corolla Cross coming. New trim levels for Tacoma and 4Runner.
Plus, we have a little tidbit to share about 2022 Toyota Camry.
2022 Toyota Camry news
2021 Camry SE with XP Package
Let me first say this. Toyota has not released details about 2022 Camry as of now. No pricing. No specifics on if Camry will see any minor refresh upgrades yet.
I guess you could say we did have a reveal already with the new 2022 Camry NASCAR. So that is something.
And we have a new captivating color coming to 2022 Camry TRD.
But there is a new trim level coming. Dealerships have been receiving allocations for the newest grade already. I know because a couple have already emailed me asking about it.
Ladies and gentlemen, meet 2022 Camry Hybrid Nightshade.
2022 Camry Hybrid Nightshade
2021 Camry XSE - Midnight Black
Another popular Toyota model is receiving the Nightshade treatment (just as 2022 4Runner is discontinuing theirs).
We have not been given pictures or miles per gallon specifics for 2022 Camry or Camry Nightshade Hybrid.
However, fuel estimates will more than likely fall around the 44 city / 47 highway seen in most current 2021 Camry Hybrid trims. Camry Hybrid LE offers 51 city / 53 highway, so we can always hope for those figures in the new one.
Camry Hybrid Nightshade specs
Plan to see many of the dark and ominous features that can be found with other Toyota Nightshade models.
Look for 18-inch black alloy wheels (I would expect them to be gloss black, but again we do not know – they could be matte black).
YOU MAY ALSO ENJOY: Shocking new color coming to 2022 Toyota Camry. What do you think?
Also, we may find a black front grille with sport mesh insert. More black accents with shark fin antenna, rear spoiler, window molding, exterior door handles and badges.
Dark. Mysterious. Camry with an edge. Making a statement.
2022 Toyota Camry Hybrid Nightshade Notes
- All 2022 Toyota Camry trims will feature Toyota Safety Sense 2.5+.
- Hybrid Nightshade utilizes 2.5-liter 4-cylinder engine with electric motors to produce 208 net horsepower.
- Sport-tuned suspension.
- Standard multimedia touch screen is 7-inch and offers base Toyota Audio system.
- Camry Hybrid Nightshade uses bi-LED combination headlights with auto on-off feature, along with LED daytime running lights.
- Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, Amazon Alexa, SiriusXM, Safety Connect.
- Optional upgrade packages may include blind spot monitor and convenience package. It would not surprise me to see an Audio Plus upgrade available as well.
- Expect 2022 Toyota Camry sedans to being arriving at dealerships across the country around late August into September. Of course, this timetable could fluctuate due to the ongoing computer chip and vehicle shortage.
Time for your Toyota Camry comments
I really wish I had pictures of the new 2022 Camry or 2022 Camry Hybrid Nightshade to show you. They are not available to-date.
What do you think of this new Camry trim level? Is it something you would consider for you and your family?
Thanks for reading everyone. See you next story when I reveal the six Toyota models that set sales records in June.
Follow Jeff Teague on social media:
- My Toyotajeff.com website
- My "AutoJeff Reviews" YouTube channel - Stories about people and cars
- My Torque News / Toyota News column
- YouTube channel - My "Toyotajeff" Toyota reviews
- My Facebook page
- Instagram @toyotajeff1
- My Twitter page
Thank you everyone for following me.