The 2019 RAV4 Hybrid Buying Criteria Every Toyota Enthusiast Should Know
RAV4 fever is sweeping the nation. America’s best-selling SUV was re-designed for 2019 and with that comes the all-new RAV4 Hybrid. If you’ve been car shopping in this market the last few months, you may have discovered just how challenging it is to get your hands on one. In fact, Prius, Corolla Hybrid, Camry Hybrid, and RAV4 Hybrid, each are outselling every affordable Electric Vehicle In America.
Once you’ve made the decision that 2019 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid is for you, you’re left with an even more difficult dilemma. How do you pick the perfect one for you and your family? Here’s everything you need to know:
How the 2019 RAV4 Hybrid attracts:
MPG: Fuel estimates for the new RAV4 Hybrid are an amazing 40mpg. That’s 41 in the city and 38 on the highway. I’ve read from my readers and YouTube channel viewers that based on their driving habits so far (we all know driving style definitely affects actual mpg), they are seeing anywhere from 37mpg to 45mpg combined. That’s reason alone to consider Hybrid!
Ride quality: I’ve test driven this model many times, and it’s fun and enjoyable to drive. The 2.5-Liter 4-cylinder engine, when combined with electric power, delivers 219 net horsepower. That’s higher than 203 horsepower in the gasoline version 2019 RAV4. One aspect that makes ride quality so nice is the multi-link rear suspension. This gives you the best of both worlds – smooth gliding ride while on city streets and highways, but tight, responsive handling while going around curves and turns. It’s standard with electronic on-demand all-wheel drive.
Easy on the budget: In the past, hybrid vehicles would cost thousands of dollars more than their gasoline equivalents. This made it tougher to justify buying a hybrid. For most RAV4 Hybrid trims, the cost to go Hybrid vs. their equivalent gasoline all-wheel drives is less than $1000 difference. Easier choice!
RAV4's Four Different Trim Levels: (Read my previous story comparing ALL 2019 RAV4 Hybrid Trim Levels)
- LE – This is Toyota’s entry level RAV4 Hybrid. At a retail price under $30,000 this is an excellent value. It comes with 17” alloy wheels, LED headlights with automatic high beams and LED taillights and stoplights. Inside you’ll find fabric seats with manual driver’s seat, backup camera with projected path, and 7” multimedia touch-screen. It has one USB port.
- XLE - This level upgrades to power moonroof, Smart Key push button start and five USB ports. Like the Hybrid LE, the XLE has a 4.2” multi-information display near the speedometer to give you valuable information about your car.
- Limited – You’ll find more luxury features in the Limited. It comes with 18” super-chrome-finished alloy wheels and chrome-accented outside door handles. SofTex-trimmed heated front seats with power driver’s seat, along with 8” touch-screen with Entune 3.0 Premium Audio and Dynamic Navigation, are standard. Limited comes with 7” multi-information display.
- XSE – The XSE is “the odd one” of the bunch – AND the most popular. It’s known for its unique black accents, including 18” black alloy wheels, badging and side mirror covers. Seating is SofTex-trimmed heated front seats with blue stitching and fabric inserts. For multimedia and information, you’ll have an 8” touch-screen with Entune Audio Plus system and 7” multi-information display.
The 2019 RAV 4 Option Packages:
You’re going to be hearing terms like convenience package, weather package, panoramic glass roof and others.
- Convenience Package: On the XLE you can upgrade to power driver’s seat with heated front seats and power liftgate.
- Weather Package: Heated steering wheel. Rain-sensing wipers with de-icer function. On Limited you get cooled front seats and heated rear seats.
- Panoramic Glass Roof: This Toyota moonroof extends all the way to the back seats. You can open the glass for the front half.
- Technology Package: Depending on trim level, this includes Intelligent Clearance Sonar with Rear Cross-Traffic Braking, Qi wireless smartphone charging, digital rearview mirror. Limited adds Bird’s Eye View Camera, hands-free power liftgate and Smart Key easy open on all doors.
- Entune Premium Audio with JBL: Experience concert-like performance in your RAV4 Hybrid with 11 speakers including subwoofer.
RAV4 Hybrid Colors:
- Hybrid LE, XLE and Limited: These have many traditional colors to choose from: Midnight Black Metallic, Blueprint, Lunar Rock, Ruby Flare Pearl, Blue Flame, Magnetic Gray Metallic, Silver Sky Metallic, Blizzard Pearl and Super White.
- Hybrid XSE: This is available only in two-tone with 4 color choices: Blizzard Pearl, Silver Sky Metallic, Magnetic Gray Metallic and Blueprint – all with Midnight Black Metallic Roof.
I am curious for your feedback and would love help. Have you been shopping for a 2019 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid? Have you bought yours yet? If so, what trim level, option packages and color did you choose? Are you on an order waiting list? I’ll use your answers in an upcoming story on RAV4 Hybrid demand. Thanks for sharing your opinions in the comments section below for discussion.
Jeff Teague is a Toyota news reporter at Torque News. You can reach Jeff on Facebook and Instagram. Twitter at @toyotajeff1 and tweet him tips for new stories. Jeff also shares Toyota news videos on his Youtube Channel at Toyotajeff.