This is a huge week for the Jeep brand. Thousands of off-roaders are gathered in Moab, Utah, for the 2023 Easter Jeep Safari, testing the latest concepts from Jeep. Meanwhile, the head of the Jeep brand took time out from the annual gathering to drive the 2024 Jeep Wrangler 4xe onto the stage at the New York International Auto Show. Jeep is stressing that the new 2024 Wrangler model will have even more 4x4 capability, an updated seven-slot grille and a larger 12.3-inch Uconnect touchscreen. There will even be an available 8,000 lb.-capacity warn winch straight from the factory.
“The new 2024 Jeep Wrangler is an illustration of how powerful the Jeep community is and how they keep driving improvements based on their expectations of greater capability, advanced technology and more refinement,” said Jim Morrison, senior vice president and head of Jeep brand North America. “With the plug-in 4xe playing a lead role in the lineup, the new Wrangler takes the best and makes it better, with even more legendary 4x4 capability, thanks to our first full-float Dana rear axle that makes it possible for Wrangler owners to easily upsize tires; a more advanced and comfortable interior with a standard 12.3-inch touchscreen and available power seats tested for water fording; more safety and technology, including standard side-curtain airbags; and a stylish, fresh take on the iconic seven-slot grille that keeps the overall design true to the original.”
2024 Jeep Wrangler at New York International Auto Show
The Jeep Wrangler is the legendary off-roader, but lately it has seen increased competition from other automakers. The New York Auto Show is known as the show where automakers prove to Wall Street that they are preparing for their financial futures. Jeep is intent on showing Wall Street that it is staying ahead of its competition with more capability, more technology and its electrified 4xe platform.
New Wrangler Trim Levels Announced in New York
- Sport S 4xe brings lower entry price point to best-selling PHEV in America.
- Rubicon X elevates Rubicon nameplate with standard 35-inch tires (2.0- and 3.6-liter automatic powertrains), integrated off-road camera and steel bumpers.
- New Willys model delivers more capability with larger tires, more ground clearance, high fender flares and improved traction.
New Wrangler Upgrades Announced
- All-new instrument panel featuring Uconnect 5 system with best-in-class 12.3-inch touchscreen radio. Antenna now built into the windshield.
- Available 12-way power adjustable front seats.
- First factory application of Trails Offroad gives comprehensive off-road trail guides for the 62 Jeep Badge of Honor trails loaded right into the Uconnect 5 system, with an upgradable subscription that unlocks full catalog of 3,000-plus Trails Offroad trail guides.
Jeep Wrangler 4xe Success
Jeep Wrangler 4xe continues as the best-selling PHEV in America.
New for 2024, Wrangler 4xe offers Jeep 4xe Power Box, which features four 120-volt outlets with 30 amps of total output, allowing the battery pack to power external devices.
By the end of 2025, the entire North America Jeep brand lineup will be electrified. By 2030, 50% of Jeep brand sales in the United States will be fully electric.
“The Jeep Wrangler is the archetypal adventure hero, embodying the spirit and the soul of the Jeep brand,” said Christian Meunier, Jeep brand CEO. “Since its introduction, we have sold almost 5 million Wranglers around the world, setting new levels of 4x4 capability with each new generation. Today, we are raising the bar once again by combining the most capable Wrangler to date, with more technology, comfort and safety features. This is a no-compromise combination enhanced by the freedom to choose from four different powertrains, including our electrified 4xe, which is the best-selling PHEV in America.”
2024 Jeep Wrangler Will Offer Broad Range of Powertrains
- 2.0-liter turbocharged PHEV 4xe: 375 horsepower, 470 lb.-ft. of torque
- 2.0-liter turbocharged I-4 engine: 270 horsepower and 295 lb.-ft. of torque
- 3.6-liter V-6: 285 horsepower and 260 lb.-ft. of torque
- 6.4-liter V-8: 470 horsepower and 470 lb.-ft. of torque
The 2024 Jeep Wrangler will be available in Sport, Willys, Sahara, High Altitude, Rubicon and Rubicon 392 models. Ordering is open now and vehicles will start to arrive in U.S. Jeep dealerships later in 2023. The 2024 Jeep Wrangler will also be available in markets around the world.
Mary Conway is a professional automotive journalist and has decades of experience specializing in automotive news analysis. She covered the Detroit Three for more than twenty years for the ABC affiliate, in Detroit. Her affection for the Motor City comes naturally. Her father ran a gas station while Mary was growing up, in Wisconsin.
Follow Mary Conway at @maryconwaymedia and send her car news tips for future stories.