Facebook Contest for Serious Athletes To Win Acura TSX Sport Wagon
The "Compete Like a Pro" campaign, hosted on Acura's Facebook page, aims to engage action sports athletes to compete by activating their social networks for top votes to win a TSX Sport Wagon. Go to the Facebook page and click on the compete tab to get started.
Acura says you have to be a serious athlete with a strong social network. (Apparently couch potatoes need not apply.) This is the hype from the Acura Facebook page: “Are you a serious action sports athlete who’s willing to go the distance to win? If so, a brand-new Acura TSX Sport Wagon could be yours. All you have to do is work your social network as hard as your quads to earn the most votes. Spread the word on your wall, send friends an email - do whatever it takes to let people know how serious you are about your action sport. The person who scores the most votes will compete like a pro in an all-new TSX Sport Wagon.”
Competitors need only select from a qualifying sport and tell everyone why they should win the car. Qualifying sports include:
- Climbing (rock and ice)
- Cycling (road racing, BMX racing, mountain biking, cyclocross, track cycling)
- Endurance / Adventure racing (triathlon, ultramarathon, adventure/orienteering)
- Paddleboarding (prone and stand-up)
- Skiing (alpine/downhill, speed, freestyle and cross-country)
- Snowboarding (alpine/downhill, half-pipe, free-ride, cross-country, boarder-cross)
- Surfing (skim, short & long boards, softboards and bodyboards)
- Water-skiing (slalom, wakeboarding, ski jumping)
- Whitewater Kayaking
(How did blogging get left off this list?)
Powering the TSX Sport Wagon is a 2.4-liter, DOHC i-VTEC®, inline four-cylinder engine paired with a Sequential SportShift 5-speed automatic transmission fit with steering-wheel mounted paddle shifters. The TSX Sport Wagon delivers brisk performance while achieving an EPA-estimated 30 mpg on the highway, according to Acura.