What Happens When You Silicone HIDs in Your 1993-97 LT1 Camaro
"This is the worst modification I have ever done to my car, and I have regretted it ever since," writes a Reddit user ep_programmer, sharing this picture of his 1993 LT1 Camaro. He then listed 6 reasons why this modification is a bad idea. I find the first one as the most important reason for safety reasons and the 4th one as the most interesting reason related to your car's radio.
1. You will blind oncoming cars
2. Every oncoming car will think you have your high beams on and may turn their high beams on too.
3. Aiming them down will not help.
4. My radio cuts out when I turn my high beams on.
5. The light projection is barely better than stock.
6. I have seen Tercels and Caravans going with these things now. They are nothing special.
I think this user for sharing these reasons. Now, all those Camaro owners who wanted to do this mod to their cars will know that it will be a hassle for everyone. Other people joined in the conversation and said never put HIDs in reflector styled headlights for the same above-mentioned reasons.
HID stands for "high-intensity discharge" and refers to vehicle headlights. They produce a brighter light than halogen bulbs and with far less heat. The blue-white light emitted by xenon bulbs is so bright, it has been known to "blind" other drivers.
What were the best modifications you have done to your Camaro and the worst mods you have regretted? Please, share with us in the comments section below for discussion.