Here is the drawing of Tesla Giga Berlin with exact designations and major changes, including battery.
According to local media reports, here are the main changes in the new plan for Tesla Gigafactory Berlin:
• Tesla wants to cut 30% more trees — 193.27 acres instead of the current 154.54 acres of forest around the 300-acre site.
• Battery production plans have been removed from the application.
• Drive unit production has been moved to a new building.
• Tesla has reduced planned peak water need by 33%.
• Disposal system and wastewater treatment have been moved next to the main building.
• Removed mention of 500,000 vehicles per year — now only referencing “100,000 or more.”
Armen Hareyan is the founder and the Editor in Chief of Torque News. He founded TorqueNews.com in 2010, which since then has been publishing expert news and analysis about the automotive industry. He can be reached at Torque News Twitter, Facebok, Linkedin and Youtube.