Toyota Mechanic Reveals the Truth About Tesla Model Y
Tesla News from a Non-Tesla Owner
Knowing which news to believe and that to take with a grain of salt as the old saw goes, can be difficult at times---especially when an automotive make and model is so widely popular that its fan-base can have the fervor of a favored baseball team. And this is understandable. We all want to believe in something bigger than ourselves.
This is no truer than with Tesla acolytes who would have had you believe---wrongly as it turned out---that true full self-driving (FSD) was here already two years ago…and safe. Even safe enough to sit in the back seat and let the Fates of Tesla handle the wheel unassisted.
Fortunately, we have a rare opportunity for a respected non-Tesla mechanic to provide us with his take as he reviews a Tesla Model Y and explains what works and what does not.
Related article: Tesla's Strengths and Weaknesses - Opportunities and Threats
In the video you will learn:
• The basics of what everyone needs to know about electric vehicles
• Why a thermal management system is so important in EVs and how Tesla handles it
• How the HVAC system in Tesla differs from other cars with its Super Manifold
• How the body design differs between different Tesla models and why this is a fail
• Defects in the body you will find that are surprising
• Its “cheapo-ecobox” interior fails with this one exception
• Where Tesla feels like a GM vehicle from the ‘90s
• Things not to like about all Tesla models that make them “Not a nice car”
• Why its performance is an anathema to what an EV should be
• Tesla are the best of its type in the EV World, but…
Mechanic Reviews a Tesla Model Y. The TRUTH About Tesla.
For additional articles related to Tesla, here are a few for your consideration:
• Fuel Efficient Used Cars to Hold You Over till Your Tesla Arrives
• This Garage Could Save You Thousands of Dollars When Things Go Wrong with Your Tesla
• Tesla Repair Issues During 4 Years of Ownership Explained by Engineer Owner
Timothy Boyer is a Torque News automotive reporter based in Cincinnati. Experienced with early car restorations, he regularly restores older vehicles with engine modifications for improved performance. Follow Tim on Twitter at @TimBoyerWrites for daily new and used vehicle news.
COMING UP NEXT: Affordable Honda Knockoff for Teaching Kids About Cars
Image Source: Pexels