2017 Toyota TRD Pro Will Be Available In Canada
When Toyota opted not to sell the 2015 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro in Canada Torque News began a petition initiative to convince Toyota to bring the truck North. Apparently, we succeeded because the new 2017 TRD Pro is headed to Canada!
Canada's Tacoma fans were upset and confused when they could not get the TRD Pro in 2015. It seemed a little odd given the number of fans in the country to sell a popular Toyota in Detroit, Michigan but not Windsor, Ontario. Fans of the truck lit up our comments section with pleas for the top off-road truck in North America.
Here are just a few of the comments:
- Nathan Keen: “I want one!”
- Maurice: “I am looking forward to buying a 2015 Tacoma TRD Pro. Please send a couple to Canada.”
- Jessie Bowie: “I would love to see a Tacoma TRD Pro in the Canadian product line up.”
- Scott: “Please, please, please bring a TRD Pro Tacoma to Canada!”
- Marcus: “I'd like to buy a TRD Pro, tomorrow if possible. I live in Vancouver Canada. Everybody and their mom owns a Tacoma up here.”
- Keith: “Please bring the TRD Pro to Canada!”
- Michael M: “TRD Pro series belongs in Canada. Bring to the North.”
There are many other comments at our petition story if you’d like to read more. For details on the 2017 Tacoma TRD Pro, check out our story we wrote live from the reveal here. If you are short of time and want to see the biggest difference between the TRD Pro and the TRD Off-Road, click here to see that.