Wish List of Changes for the Tesla Model Y
There is a list of changes one Model Y owner would like to see for the Tesla Model Y. Even though he loves the car, here's what he wishes were different.
Tesla vehicles do not come with very good floor mats - or even floor mats at all. For such a luxury car, it would be nice for it to come with some real floor mats or some branded floor mats with the Tesla logo.
For my Tesla Model 3 RWD, I had to buy floor mats to put in the car that were a few extra hundred dollars.
Tesla offers white paint for free on the Tesla Model 3 and Model Y. Any kind of stone that hits the front of your car is going to cause a big chip in the paint. This owner's Mazda 5 did not have an issue with this and it has white paint.
As an update, it appears newer Tesla vehicles made in Giga Shanghai have a thicker paint than other Tesla vehicles and don't appear to have this problem.
It would also be nice if Tesla offered paint protection film (PPF) for the front of the vehicle to protect from rocks and stone chips.
Auto High Beams
Tesla has a feature where it uses auto high beams. There is a matrix LED head light. There is a way for the head lights to turn off for certain sections, but there needs to be a software update to do this.
The high beams are important to use auto pilot at night and to not have issues. Tesla just needs to do the software update.
There is a lack of Apple music support. There is Spotify in the car which is nice and you can use bluetooth with your phone. But, having Apple music integrated in the car would make it a lot easier for so many people to play their music.
There is a frunk in the front of the car where you can store things. However, right now it is not automatic like the trunk is. It would be nice to have an option that automatically opens this easily. Competitors have this feature at similar price points.
There are additional changes that this Model Y owner wanted to see that are related to:
- Dog mode: Be able to access the in cabin camera to see your dog in the car
- Vehicle to grid: Being able to use your car to power your house in case of an outage
- Third party chargers: Be able to see third party chargers on the Tesla map in the car
- Digital speed signs: Be able to read digital speed signs and update the speed limit
- 360 view: Be able to see a top down 360 view from the car
- Charging light: A light around or near the charge port to see it easier
- Basic summon: Should be included with the car by default - able to get the car to come to you
- Silent reverse: Have a sound for all Tesla's that occurs when in reverse. Australia doesn't have this
- Driver profile settings and FSD should transfer to new Tesla vehicles you purchase
- Pre-condition battery button: In case going to a 3rd party charger, press a button to pre condition the battery
What do you think of these desired changes? Are these changes that would get you to buy a Tesla?
For more information, see this video by Ryan's Model Y:
Leave your comments below, share the article with friends and tweet it out to your followers.
Jeremy Johnson is a Tesla investor and supporter. He first invested in Tesla in 2017 after years of following Elon Musk and admiring his work ethic and intelligence. Since then, he's become a Tesla bull, covering anything about Tesla he can find, while also dabbling in other electric vehicle companies. Jeremy covers Tesla developments at Torque News. You can follow him on Twitter or LinkedIn to stay in touch and follow his Tesla news coverage on Torque News.