Flashy and Cheap Used Car Warning
Ever go through some cars ads online and find a desirable used luxury vehicle that the pricing just seems too good to be true? Well, those prices are real, but they are actually bad deals.
Sure, they may look almost new and appear to have been well taken care by whatever auto enthusiast owned them; however, there’s something the owner knows about that car that you might not---after 5 years of use and the engine and powertrain warranty have ended, those high-priced luxury cars begin to cost owners as much as twice the purchase price because that’s when the endless cycle of repairs begins.
That's the primary message the Car Help Corner YouTube channel host focuses on while discussing luxury models that are known to have the highest replacement parts costs and highest labor repair costs that are guaranteed to be needed after buying a used model that’s older than 5 years old. Couple that with models that are known to have reliability issues and you will have an automotive money pit that may make you look like you’re rich, but will wind up sucking the life out of your hard-earned savings.
To help car shoppers make good car buying decisions, listed below is a summary of his list of those models you will absolutely want to avoid used.
But What if You Just Have to Have One?
If you determined to own that luxury car and willing to take a chance on repairs, the Car Help Corner host recommends at the very least to spend a little more on those models that you can find that come with a certified pre-owned (CPO) guarantee that comes with an extended warranty to help protect you.
However, he warns that a CPO does not guarantee full protection from repairs as he gives one example being that of Mercedes with turbocharged V8 engines that due to the high heat damage from the turbo sitting on top of the engine eventually leads to heavy oil leaking and timing chain issues.
The Worst Cheap Luxury Car List
• BMW M Series: Possess a problem prone engine that will cost you $30,000 to replace
• Mercedes AMG: Total engine failure risk that will cost $60,000 to replace
• Any Used Audi: A combination of electrical and engine problems will plague you with 4-figure repair bills…every time.
• Any Used Jaguar: One of lowest priced used luxury vehicles you can find, it’s all because of Jaguar’s long and consistent history of overall reliability problems. Don’t go there.
• Any Used Land Rover: Engine, suspension, 4-wheel drive system, and transmission issues make this the host’s absolutely worst of them all among used luxury car choices that have very high repair costs. Expect multiple $4K+ repair bills with this one.
The Video: For more details and information on the cars listed be sure to take just 10 minutes of your day to watch the video below:
WORST Cheap Luxury Cars That Will Bankrupt You
For additional articles about luxury car deals both good and bad, here are some related articles for your consideration:
COMING UP NEXT: DIY Car Painting with a Cheap Wedding Tent Solution
Timothy Boyer is a Torque News automotive reporter based in Cincinnati. Experienced with early car restorations, he regularly restores older vehicles with engine modifications for improved performance. Follow Tim on Twitter at @TimBoyerWrites for daily new and used vehicle news.
Image Source: Pixabay