Tire Care and Maintenance 101
Not only is maintaining your tires a good way to prolong their life and save you money down the road, it can also save your life and that of your passengers without you or they even realizing it. The unfortunate fact is that too often we don’t take tire care and maintenance under serious consideration until after something has happened such as an untimely flat tire or a catastrophic blowout on the highway.
To help further your understanding of tire care and maintenance, the good folks at Haynes manuals have put together a series of informative articles covering everything you need to know your car’s tires.
Provided below is a must-watch video of a portion of their series that covers:
• How, why, and when do you need to check the air pressure in your tires?
• What is a TPMS system and how to check it?
• What to look for when your tires are under-inflated and over-inflated.
• How does alignment affect tire wear and an old myth that you might have heard?
• How do tire blowouts happen, and what do look for to avoid a disastrous accident?
That said and done, here is the video precented below that you should find informative and helpful.
“Tires 101 | Tire Care & Maintenance - Part 4
For additional news related to tires, here are a few articles for your consideration:
Timothy Boyer is a Torque News automotive reporter based in Cincinnati. Experienced with early car restorations, he regularly restores older vehicles with engine modifications for improved performance. Follow Tim on Twitter at @TimBoyerWrites for daily new and used vehicle news.
COMING UP NEXT: Hayne’s Heater Core Beginner’s Guide Need to Know Info
Image Source: Pexels