Everything You Need To Know About Buying Car and Truck Tires
A Tire Evaluation Rehash for This Coming Winter
Earlier we’ve discussed some recent Consumer Reports ratings for the best rated high performance car tires of 2021 including winter swap outs; and, the best SUV and truck tires of 2021 for all season and snow specific driving conditions. We’ve also covered some Consumer Reports car advice on selecting tires for 2-wheel drive vs. all-wheel-drive vs. 4-wheel drive vehicles.
However, what we have not discussed so much is all of the other details behind understanding and buying the correct tires for your vehicle.
To remedy this, here is one of the best tire discussion videos on the Internet, that not only provides some very accessible tire-related information for the non-mechanic, but is also very enlightening and provided some “even-I-did-know-that-moments” while I watched the video.
What You Will Learn in This Video
The video is courtesy of the popular “The Car Care Nut” YouTube channel, which I highly recommend for bookmarking as one of the most informative and honest mechanic-hosted videos out there today.
That said, here is what you will learn in this video:
• That your tires numbers come in a mix of metric and standard values
• What the maximum safe speed of your tire is
• When is a tire too old and why this matters during tire sales
• The best way to determine what kind your next set of tires should be
• Why many tire reviews are wrong
• Who you should listen to regarding your tire selection
• Are your tires too hard or too soft for the season and what type is a good compromise
• A litany of tire problems all car owners need to be aware about
• Is the problem with your tire or your front end
• How to judge a tire center based on how it stacks its tires
• Tire service myths that cost you money
• What types of tire damage can and cannot really be (or should not be) fixed
• Where you should buy your tires
• The two most important tire ratings you need to know before selecting a tire
• When buying high performance tires are a waste of money
Everything you NEED to know about Car Tires!
If you have any advice to add to this tire-related info, please let us know about it in the comments section below.
For additional tire-related articles, be sure to check out the following linked articles “A Top Rated and Bargain Brand Cordless Portable Tire Pump Choice for Your Car”; and, “Consumer Reports Analysts Recommend Which Flat Tire Sealants Actually Work.”
COMING UP NEXT: Bad Customer Car Dealership Stories From The Inside
Timothy Boyer is Torque News automotive reporter based in Cincinnati. Experienced with early car restorations, he regularly restores older vehicles with engine modifications for improved performance. Follow Tim on Twitter at @TimBoyerWrites for daily automotive-related news.
Photo by Enis Yavuz on Unsplash