Is now the time to take that plunge and test the waters of owning a Tesla? Or has your curiosity peaked enough to want to give any one of the Tesla models a try before making a car buying decision?
If, so then as with all car lease and purchasing decisions, you will want to know about the latest deals available this month courtesy of a new report from Carfax that tells you what to expect before clicking your mouse and beginning your search and/or order for a Tesla.
Carfax: A Popular Resource for Car Shoppers and Buyers
Carfax is best known as a useful resource of their “CARFAX Vehicle History Report” that provides some very important information that can impact your decision on whether or not to buy a used vehicle from a dealership, a used car lot, an ad in the paper, or even a relative. Information listed in a Carfax report comes from thousands of sources and can include:
• Vehicle registration
• Title information, including salvaged or junked titles
• Odometer readings
• Lemon history
• Total loss information
• Stolen and recovery information
• Structural damage
• Accident indicators, such as airbag deployment
• Service and repair information
• Vehicle usage (taxi, rental, lease, etc.)
• Recall information
Carfax is well-known for providing used car shoppers with important and updated information and warnings about vehicles involved in flood damage, reports of odometer fraud, and how buyers can avoid overpaying for a vehicle.
To be clear, however, a Carfax report is not the end-all toward making a good used car buying decision. In fact, the Carfax website tells users of their services that, “Not all information is reported to CARFAX.” And that, “The CARFAX Vehicle History Report should be used along with a pre-purchase vehicle inspection and thorough test drive.” Fair enough.
Carfax Car Deals and Info Updates
Aside from their CARFAX Vehicle History Report, Carfax also offers a wide range of shopping services and updated info about incentive deals for all makes and models, and related news that you need to know to enhance your car shopping experience.
For example, just today Carfax released their latest report on leasing and financing deals focused on Tesla vehicles. According to the news report:
“Like most automotive brands, Tesla offers updated lease deals each month, along with financing incentives on new and certified pre-owned vehicles. Most of the deals are valid across the country, though sometimes they vary geographically. To take advantage of these deals, visit your Tesla dealer.”
Caveats to Car Deals
As attractive as incentive deals of any type appear, you have to be aware of caveats as the Carfax news report mentions that includes:
- Incentives are offered to attract buyers. In other words, you may find your original car shopping plans altered or even sidetracked.
- The best deals on cars are typically those that are not in high demand.
- The best lease deals typically apply to the base trim models.
- Your actual monthly payments and down payments may only be “as low as” the dollar amounts shown, and that the “Total Cost” excludes taxes and fees. So be sure to have the dealer clarify your “driving off the lot today” total cost.
- Lease deals vary by location, so be sure to check online or with your dealer to learn about the best offers available in your area.
- Your credit score is likely to impact the availability of leasing and financing incentives and you will want to clarify this as well with your dealer if you’re eligible for the best rates and terms.
Best Tesla Lease and Financing Deals
That said, here is a summary of the best Tesla lease and financing deals for both new and used cars this December.
Tesla Lease Deals
Model Y: $399 per month for 36 months with $4,500 due at signing on RWD models
Model X: $1,249 per month for 36 months with $7,500 due at signing on Dual Motor AWD models
Model 3: $329 per month for 36 months with $4,500 due at signing on RWD models
Model S: $1,099 per month for 36 months with $7,500 due at signing on Dual Motor AWD models
Tesla Financing Deals
Model Y: 6.69% APR for up to 72 months
Model X: 6.69% APR for up to 72 months
Model 3: 6.69% APR for up to 72 months
Model S: 6.69% APR for up to 72 months
Used Tesla Deals
Model S: 8.99% APR for up to 72 months
Model 3: 8.99% APR for up to 72 months
Model X: 8.99% APR for up to 72 months
Model Y: 8.99% APR for up to 72 months
For additional articles related to new and used car shopping not related to Tesla just in case the above deals are not what you are looking for right now, here are three for your consideration of both new and used cars to consider:
- Reliable New Cars and SUVs Under $30,000 Recommended by Consumer Reports
- The Most Reliable Car on the Road Made by Ford
- Consumer Reports Best Used SUVs, Sedans, Small Cars, and Trucks Guide for Shoppers
Timothy Boyer is an automotive reporter based in Cincinnati. Experienced with early car restorations, he regularly restores older vehicles with engine modifications for improved performance. Follow Tim on “Zen and the Art of DIY Car Repair” website, the Zen Mechanic blog and on Twitter at @TimBoyerWrites and Facebook for daily news and topics related to new and used cars and trucks.
COMING UP NEXT: The Used Truck Worth Investing $10,000 Into
Image source: Deposit Photos