Labor Day Car Deals
Labor Day weekend is here and not only will families be at home cooking out in the backyard, but car owners en masse will be storming the dealerships looking to trade-in or sell their used vehicles in exchange for a great Labor Day car sale.
Related articles---Leased vehicles that offer the most profit in buyback deals; An important negotiation point to focus on when buying a new car; plus, a MSRP window sticker scam new car buyers need to watch out for.
According to an updated US News & World Report analysis, good car deals are ripe for the picking this holiday:
"The current inventory shortages make Labor Day a difficult time to find a great deal, particularly if you're shopping for a popular truck or family-friendly SUV," said Jim Sharifi, managing editor of U.S. News Best Cars. "The flip side is that there are attractive lease and finance offers on a number of top-ranked cars and small SUVs, so the three-day weekend is an excellent shopping opportunity for some buyers."
To help guide car shoppers towards cars their automotive experts deem as the “Best Labor Day Car Deals,” here is their selection with score rankings and deals currently offered by dealerships.
The Best Labor Day Car Deals for 2021
1. 2022 Honda Civic: A Best Cars Rankings Score of 8.5 out of 10 offered at $209 per month for 36 months with $2,799 due at signing.
2. 2021 Hyundai Sonata: A Best Cars Rankings Score of 8.1 out of 10 offered with 0% financing for 60 months and no payments for 90 days.
3. 2021 Kia Forte: A Best Cars Rankings Score of 8.5 out of 10 for as low as $139 per month for 36 months with $2,972 due at signing.
4. 2021 Honda HR-V: A Best Cars Rankings Score of 7.7 out of 10 with 0% financing for up to 48 months.
5. 2021 Toyota Avalon: A Best Cars Rankings Score of 8.3 out of 10 offered with a $2,000 cash back deal.
6. 2021 Nissan Murano: A Best Cars Rankings Score of 7.8 out of 10 with 0% financing for 60 months, plus---up to $4,000 bonus cash.
7. 2021 Lexus UX: A Best Cars Rankings Score of 7.2 out of 10 and offered as low as $329 per month for 36 months with $2,399 due at signing.
8. 2021 Lexus LC 500: A Best Cars Rankings Score of 8.7 out of 10 with 0.9% financing for up to 60 months deal.
9. 2021 Hyundai Venue: A Best Cars Rankings Score of 7.8 out of 10 and is available as low as $149 per month for 36 months with $2,399 due at signing.
Smart Comparison Shopping With These Past Deals
For additional help in deciphering the car deals offered this weekend, it is a good idea to do a little research before heading to a dealership armed with a listing of which makes and models sold for what prices earlier this year.
That said, here is our selection of linked articles that will help you build your research list to support your final buying decision:
Timothy Boyer is Torque News automotive reporter based in Cincinnati. Experienced with early car restorations, he regularly restores older vehicles with engine modifications for improved performance. Follow Tim on Twitter at @TimBoyerWrites for daily automotive-related news.