5 Solutions for Hyundai to Sell Genesis in Europe
There are things the Korean automaker needs to do to make it succeed.
“Until now, we did not launch any luxury cars in Europe, which shows how tough the premium segment is,” said Lee In-cheol, vice president for Hyundai’s international sales division in a New York Times article. “Now we think the market is ready.”
So, is the market ready for the 2015 Hyundai Genesis? Here are some solutions for how to do it. Feel free to add you own:
- Don't sell it as a luxury vehicle at a value price. Sell it at a luxury price
- Emphasize how well it has done at Nürburgring – the famous German test track. Korean commercials emphasize that point. European advertising should too.
- Embrace Spanish-language media in the U.S. Sounds strange but speak to a Spanish-speaking automotive writer in the U.S. and tons of their traffic comes from Spanish speaking countries, including Spain.
- Adapt the Equus service model to Genesis sales. Make the European buyers feel like royalty.
- Get a charismatic leader to move the brand. John Krafcik, the recently departed head of Hyundai Motors America, was the face of the brand. Hyundai needs to find a similar leader for Europe.
Add your thoughts in the comments below.