By Keith Griffin G+ Nov 22 2010 - 2:56pm
EPA Issues Top 10 List of Least Fuel Efficient Cars
Lamborghini is the least fuel efficient
This list is derived from an appendix to an annual report published by the EPA that is ponderously titled: "Light-Duty Automotive Technology, Carbon Dioxide Emissions, and Fuel Economy Trends: 1975 Through 2010." Click here if for some reason you want to read the entire report. The numbers are based on a split of 55% highway driving and 45% city driving.
Here is the list of least fuel efficient cars:
- Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster - 13.6 mpg
- Lamborghini Murcielago Reventon Roadster - 13.7 mpg
- Bentley Azure - 14.4 mpg
- Bentley Brooklands - 14.4 mpg $380,000
- Ferrari 612 Scaglietti - 14.6 mpg $455,000
- Mercedes Benz ML 63 AMG - 15.2 mpg
- Maybach 57 S - 15.2 mpg
- Maybach 57 - 15.3 mpg
- Maybach 57 Zeppelin - 15.5 mpg
- Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano - 15.7 mpg
The least fuel efficient car on that list, the Murcielago Roadster, is not the most expensive. Depending on whose pricing you go by, that honors goes to the either the Maybach 57 Zeppelin (a name that does not imply fuel efficiency) at $455,000 or the Ferrari 612 Scaglietti, also at $455,000.