Subaru Expands Green Initiative with Virtual Outback Brochure

Subaru is an environmentally friendly car company not because it has hybrids, electric vehicles or diesels in its fleet (it doesn’t) but because of steps like the green initiative it has taken with the creation of its virtual brochure for the 2011 Outback.

According to Subaru, the interactive, digital brochure allows consumers to electronically explore the 2011 Subaru Outback with a dynamic product presentation that includes 360-degree views, videos and interactive demonstrations. The brochure more fully engages consumers with the use of interior, exterior, paint and interior trim selectors, and allows them to customize their buying experience at Subaru.com, or as a download to a computer to save, share and pass around, the way shoppers might treat a traditional printed brochure.

Subaru’s commitment to the environment begins at the manufacturing plant where Subaru builds the Outback. In 2004, Subaru of Indiana Automotive Inc. became the first automotive assembly plant to be “Zero-Landfill.” SIA achieved this accomplishment in May that year and has remained zero landfill, according to information supplied by Subaru. To commit to the zero-landfill program, everything is reused and recycled. Each year SIA actively recycles 99.3% of excess/leftover steel, plastic, wood, paper, glass, and other materials. The remaining 0.7% is shipped to the city of Indianapolis and incinerated to help generate steam.

Sondra Shiffer, Brochures Manager, explained in a statement, "Subaru is rolling out a full program of leading-edge, environmentally friendly dynamic brochures as consumers do more and more of their research online. The Outback brochure will be followed closely by versions for the new Forester and Impreza WRX/STI, with others planned in the near future."

The dedicated website takes a few moments to load. Once it does, there are a host of interactive features like seeing the interior and exterior in the colors offered as well as being able to click for additional info. It’s a fairly seamless brochure that is not only more green but less expensive to produce because the customer ultimately assumes the printing cost if the decision is made to go retro with the brochure and not check it out on an Apple iPad.

Related Subaru News:

Share this content.


Sign-up to our email newsletter for daily perspectives on car design, trends, events and news, not found elsewhere.

Comments

actually brochures are the only thing that attract the the customers and when the customers get in then you the better chance to show them the stuff that what you've got! It's a good deal and thanks for the information!