Nissan Actually Made 13 Welcome Updates To The 2018 Leaf
For many years the Nissan Leaf didn't have a serious update. Finally, in 2018, it is having a nearly total makeover, but they are not as much talked about as the Tesla updates. Here are 13 really cool and welcome updates that come with the 2018 Nissan Leaf.
1. Nissan has changed the 2018 Leaf design. The new design has strengthened itself with a new and sporty styling.
2.The 2018 Leaf comes with advanced technologies such as ProPilot. ProPILOT Assist driver assistance technology, used during single-lane highway driving, helps makes a journey easier, less stressful and more relaxing.
3. It has a higher capacity battery. Here I would like to know if the battery is still air cooled or uses the something similar to the thermal management system used in Teslas and Chevy Volt/Bolt vehicles.
4. Regenerative braking and one-pedal driving is upgraded with e-Pedal technology. The 2018 Leaf owners can now accelerate, decelerate, and stop their vehicles using just the e-Pedal. This means, they don't need to touch the brake pedal at all. But you do need to use the regular brake pedal for aggressive braking situations.
5. The 2018 Nissan Leaf has 40-50 percent in range increase reaching up to 235 miles according to the NEDC calculation or 150 miles more realistically. Arstechnica refers to Nissan saying "the car gets 400km on the Japanese JC08 test and should achieve 380km when Europe's NEDC homologates it."
6. The new Leaf's power is increased by 38 percent to 150PS. It is powered by a 40kW battery, which has a maximum output of 150PS and 320Nm of torque allowing a top speed of 90mph.
7. There is a price drop as well. The 2018 Leaf's MSRP starts at 29,990 dollars while the 2017 Leaf's MSRP started at $30,680. The little price drop with all of these advances, obviously is a welcome move.
Also, in the 2018 model take into consideration the following features.
8. V-Motion Grille
9. Boomerang Tail Lamps
10. Floating roof.
11. All New e-powertrain.
12. Gliding wing form instrument panel.
13. Safety Technology. This means a standard automatic emergency braking and available blind spot warning with rear cross traffic alert.
As you can see there are total of 13 updates and features worth seeing in the 2018 Leaf. See this video from Nissan showing all the 2018 Leaf highlights.
Which of these updates do you like the most? Please let us know your opinion in the comments section below. If you liked this article and think it may help your friends, consider sharing or tweeting it to your followers. Do you like the new look of the 2018 Nissan Leaf?
Update: And now see how some Nissan Leaf owners reacted to these updates here.