Elon Musk: 5 Reasons EVs Will Rule The Market
With that said, Elon managed to give the Executives 5 reasons electric cars will succeed and be the norm in 2020. They are as follows.
1) Batteries are getting better and cheaper: (He is helping that by building the Giga Factory)
2) EV Infrastructure is growing everyday: (He is helping out Tesla owners with this and J1772 EVSEs are appearing more and more as well)
3) Charging stations are NOT needed everywhere: (His rational? 90% of the time Tesla’s are refueled at home!)
4) Utilities benefit from EV use: (He believes this because most people are still connected to the grid however his battery wall and solar city will likely change this in my view)
5) More and More People see cars as pollution sources. (He is right: More and more people are starting to see cars as pollution sources which if they are not EVs they actually are just that.)
As usual, Elon makes news and I want to add in my own reason as well.
Douglas Stansfield Reason: They are fun and a performance vehicle.
Also, once Energy Density of the battery holds as much energy as a square inch of gas, the game is over. As Elon states in reason one, the energy density of batteries is getting better and better and now that there is a market for them, this will likely only continue. Also see what Elon said about the range of the upcoming Tesla Model III.
Image source: Wikipedia