Wheel Bearing Maintenance and Repair to Last the Lifetime of Your Car
Everything About Wheel Bearings You Need to Know
In an earlier article we learned about how to identify whether a wheel bearing is going bad just with a simple touch test that is more effective than rolling a wheel and listening for sounds of friction in your bearings.
As a supplement to the article, here is a classic Scotty Kilmer YouTube video on wheel bearing maintenance and repair that offers some very useful information on what you need to know to keep your wheels rolling smoothly today.
In the video you will discover:
• How older cars and newer cars differ in their wheel bearings
• The different types of bearings
• What drivers do that causes wheel bearings to wear out prematurely
• How your wheel bearing health is directly tied to your vehicle’s other systems
• Why inspecting a used car’s wheel bearings can reveal a hidden accident history
• How to ensure your new bearings will last forever
• Old bearing maintenance practices you should never do today
• Why mixing bearing greases is bad for your bearings
Doing This Will Make Your Wheel Bearings Last Forever
For additional articles about car maintenance and repair, here are a few selected articles for your consideration and enjoyment:
Timothy Boyer is a Torque News automotive reporter based in Cincinnati. Experienced with early car restorations, he regularly restores older vehicles with engine modifications for improved performance. Follow Tim on Twitter at @TimBoyerWrites for daily new and used vehicle news.
Image Source: Pexels