DIY Repair Benefits
There’s a lot to be said about the benefits of learning how to DIY repair and service on your vehicle. Just to list a few they are:
• It will save you a significant amount of money
• Sometimes to ensure a service or repair is done right, you have to do it yourself
• You will gain familiarity with your vehicle and increase your understanding of cars
• You can justify buying some tools to your spouse or significant other
• Inner satisfaction
This list is fluid because for many of us, we all have our reasons for doing what we do when it comes to our cars. But if you have been following this website, you will know that the biggest monetary value to DIY repair and servicing is that it helps car owners avoid being scammed and at the very least will show a service center or garage mechanic that you are not an easy mark for inflated needless repairs and billing.
As such, here is an informative step-by-step demonstration by the Toyota Maintenance YouTube channel where its host, Peter, walks you through how to do a transaxle change on a 2007 Camry hybrid using an over-flow method that is so simple to do you will wonder why anyone would ever pay someone else to do it for them.
In the video you will discover:
• Some Toyota manuals actually include DIY service instructions
• Where to find the transaxle fill and drain plugs
• How to know if your transaxle fluid was low when there is no dipstick
• What dirty transaxle fluid looks like indicating the need for changing
• The importance of using the correct fluid and OEM parts
Without further delay, here is the video in its entirety:
2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid transmission fluid change
For additional articles about DIY servicing and about transmissions, here are some recommended articles to consider:
Timothy Boyer is a Torque News automotive reporter based in Cincinnati. Experienced with early car restorations, he regularly restores older vehicles with engine modifications for improved performance. Follow Tim on Twitter at @TimBoyerWrites for daily new and used vehicle news.
Image Source: Pixabay