Just announced - KBB says Lexus is top luxury brand for resale value
Each year Kelly Blue Book compiles the top vehicles in each of its sales categories with regard to resale value over the first five years of the vehicle’s life. Each year Toyota and Lexus dominate. In addition to listing category winners by their actual percentage of retained value, KBB also anoints an overall brand winner in the mainstream and luxury categories. Lexus has now been named the top brand for resale value five years running.
KBB has been paying attention. While much of the media wrings its hands and still tries to call the brand boring, or offers opinion on styling as proof that Lexus is not all it’s cracked up to be, KBB has been driving Lexus vehicles. The group’s conclusion? “The entire Lexus brand is built on a foundation of quality, durability and reliability that fortifies every facet of its appeal. Comfortable, quiet and safe, today's Lexus cars and SUVs are increasingly stylish and engaging, too.”
KBB’s positive opinion of Lexus is nice to read, but what we like most about KBB is the number crunching. After all was said and done, here are the categories Lexus won. Note that it is pretty much every single category in which Lexus competes:
• RC 200t/RC 300/RC 350 coupe – Best Resale Value: Entry-Level Luxury Car
• ES 300h hybrid luxury sedan – Best Resale Value: Hybrid/Alternative Energy Car
• GS 200t/GS 350 mid-size luxury sedan – Best Resale Value: Luxury Car
• RX 450h hybrid luxury utility vehicle – Best Resale Value: Hybrid SUV/Crossover
• GX 460 luxury utility vehicle – Best Resale Value: Luxury Mid-Size SUV/Crossover
• LX 570 luxury utility vehicle – Best Resale Value: Luxury Full-Size SUV/Crossover
Toyota did pretty well too. The Tacoma is again the number one vehicle overall in resale value. The 4Runner is number two and the Tundra number six. Toyota’s trucks won both the categories they compete in.