Marriott Hotels go green: Add charging stations for electric cars
With approximately 20 years of energy conservation experience, Marriott hotels are fully involved in the fight for environmental conservation. By offering of charging stations for electrical cars, Marriott hotels have raised the bar for being “green” and environmentally friendly.
Many corporate hotels who receive much of their clientele globally are not cognizant of staying green, but that is not true for Marriott International. In offering charging stations for electrical vehicles, Marriott hotels are showing great corporate responsibility for protecting the natural environment.
Marriott International understands how much negative impact the hotel business can have on the ecosystem, and they are doing what they can to decrease the undesirable and damaging consequences business travel may have on the environment.
Furthermore, in the press release from Marriott International, Inc, the company's Spirit To Preserve® environmental strategy calls for:
- Further reducing energy and water consumption by 25% per available room by 2017
- Greening our $10 billion supply chain
- Expanding our green hotel development tenfold over the next five years
- Educating and inspiring associates and guests to support the environment
- Addressing environmental challenges through innovative initiatives including rainforest protection and water conservation
The vice president of engineering and facilities, Rob Bahl stated, "Marriott is excited about the advancements in green travel options and we want to support our guests who are making electric vehicle choices. Adding EV charging stations is just one of Marriott's initiatives supporting our 'Spirit To Preserve' environmental efforts/goals."
Below is a list of Marriott Hotels that will be offering the usage of charging stations for guests who own electrical vehicles. If guests ask to charge an electric vehicle at a property where a charging station is not available, Marriott will do everything possible to still accommodate the customer by providing at least the basic "Level 1" charging, if possible.
· Courtyard Oxnard Ventura – Oxnard, CA (2 stations)
· JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa – Palm Desert, CA (3 stations)
· Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel – Los Angeles, CA (2 stations)
· Renaissance Esmeralda Resort & Spa Indian Wells – Indian Wells, CA (2 stations)
· San Francisco Airport Marriott – San Francisco, CA (2 stations)
· Torrance Marriott South Bay – Torrance, CA (2 stations)
· Residence Inn Orlando Lake Mary Lake Mary, FL (2 stations)
· Courtyard Hadley Amherst – MA (1 station)
· Residence Inn Charlotte Concord – Concord, NC (4 stations)
· The Ritz-Carlton Charlotte – Charlotte, NC (1 station)
· JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort & Spa – Las Vegas, NV (1 station)
· Copenhagen Marriott - Copenhagen, Denmark (1 station)