Tesla's upcoming earnings call is already gathering attention from investors, and it appears that many of them are particularly interested in the highly anticipated Cybertruck. The investor communication platform Say has received a number of inquiries from retail investors about the Q4 and FY 2022 earnings call. The most popular questions have centered around the Cybertruck, which is expected to start deliveries this year. The growing interest in the electric truck speaks to its potential success and the anticipation that Tesla has generated with its bold design and features. Tesla's CEO, Elon Musk, has promised that the Cybertruck will be a revolutionary vehicle that will be unlike anything else on the market.
Here are the top 7 voted for retail questions so far for the Tesla earnings call this Wednesday.
1. After recent price cuts, analysts released expectations that Tesla automotive gross margin excluding leases and reg credits will drop below 20% and average selling price around $47k across all models. Where do you see average selling price and gross margins after the price cuts?
2. The Solar Roof product continues to struggle to gain traction. What has Tesla learned from this and what changes do you foresee in future Solar Roof versions to increase scale.
3. Please provide a detailed explanation of where you are on the 4680 ramp. What are the current road blocks? When do you expire t to scale to 10,000 vehicles a week?
4. Is Cybertruck production still on track for mid year?
5. What kind of margins do you expect for the stationary energy storage business in 2023 and then 2024 and beyond? Separately, will you consider reporting energy volumes in the P&D report?
6. What is the us the current production and future 2 year forecast of Tesla energy: Powerwall, megapack, Tesla virtual power. (Speaking of the Powerwall, please see Torque News' latest story on the subject from this morning, in which Elon Musk says may be Tesla one day will make a portable Powerwall to replace gas generators).
7.When will Tesla announce production Cybertruck specs and pricing?
The upcoming earnings call will be a great opportunity for investors to learn more about the Cybertruck and the other upcoming Tesla models. It will be interesting to see how the market responds to its news and how it affects Tesla's share price.
In my opinion, these are good set of questions. My interests are now with the Tesla Semi, Cybertruck, and Tesla's upcoming gen-3 platform, which Tesla aims to introduce on March 1.
What questions would you like to be asked and answered by Tesla during the Q4 2022 Earnings Call this Wednesday?
Armen Hareyan is the founder and the Editor in Chief of Torque News. He founded TorqueNews.com in 2010, which since then has been publishing expert news and analysis about the automotive industry. He can be reached at Torque News Twitter, Facebok, Linkedin and Youtube.