How This New Option Will Make Life Easier for 2022 Chevrolet Silverado HD Buyers
It is rare in the auto industry that one brand designs a true game changer. However, that is the only way to describe the Multi-Flex tailgate. Now, the revolutionary design is being added as an option to the 2022 Chevrolet Silverado HD trucks.
GMC’s Revolutionary Design
The money to design the special tailgate came out of the GMC budget. The GMC “MultiPro” tailgate really kicked off the “tailgate wars” among the automakers, with each different company trying to outdo the others. Still, the Multi-Flex gate with six different available positions offers incredibly functionality. GMC shared the technology with the 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500. Now, it will be available as an option for the 2022 Chevrolet Silverado HD versions.
Tailgate’s Six Different Functions
- The gate can be opened and closed like a standard tailgate.
- The gate can also be opened and an inner gate can be lifted to stop longer items from sliding out.
- The inner gate can also be folded down to make it easier to load items into the truck bed. It also makes it easier to reach and reposition items that are in the truck bed.
- The inner gate can also be folded further down to create a step, making it much easier to get into the truck bed.
- The inner gate can also be repositioned to stop items from shifting while in the truck bed.
- The inner gate can also be folded out to form a flat surface and be used as a standing desk.
The Multi-Flex tailgate can be controlled through the key fob or two buttons located on the tailgate. It can also be controlled through a button on the dashboard.
The Multi-Flex tailgate option will be offered on the 2022 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD and the 3500HD. Depending on what happens with the current semiconductor chip shortage, the 2022 versions should be available this summer.
Follow Mary Conway at @maryconwaymedia and send her car news tips for future stories.