Cadillac Looking for Drivers Who 'Feel the Need for Speed'
Cadillac is offering drivers what it is calling a “bucket list” opportunity” to push the limits of the Cadillac ATS-V and the CTS-V on a race track. The event is being called the Cadillac V-Performance Lab Advanced session and drivers will receive personalized instruction from Cadillac Racing driving champion Johnny O’Connell.
The Cadillac V-Performance Lab will take place at the Circuit of the Americas track in Austin, Texas.
Performance Driving School
According to information about the Cadillac V-Performance Lab, “Cadillac V-Performance Lab offers comprehensive performance driving training behind the wheel of the dynamic ATS-V and powerful CTS-V. Each session will provide you with a full understanding of vehicle dynamics and driving techniques to help you safely and successfully maneuver the racetrack.”
There are two different Performance Lab experiences being offered for two different prices.
The Standard Performance Lab experience offers:
- Skills assessment
- Car control/vehicle dynamics
- Autocross competition
- Track drives
- Custom Cadillac Pyrotect helmet
- Q&A panel with Cadillac Racing drivers and engineers
- Post-event reception
- All for $1,295 per person.
Advanced Driving Curriculum
The Cadillac V-Performance Lab Advanced experience offers:
- Many of the features of the standard curriculum, plus
- Expert instruction with Cadillac World Challenge GT Driving Champion, Johnny O’Connell
- Increased overall track time
- Smaller group sizes with enhanced one-on-one instruction
- Advanced training on dynamic exercises including skid pad, figure 8 skidpad, autocross and handling oval
- However the price tag is much higher at $3000 per person and drivers must qualify to attend.
The CTS-V is a hot car with great handling. Its 6.2L Supercharged V8 has 640 horsepower with 630 lb-ft of torque. It goes from 0-60mph in 3.7 seconds. Its top track speed is 200 mph. The CTS-V is the fastest production Cadillac ever.
Cadillac also offers what is called a V-Performance Academy for new owners of Cadillac V-Performance cars. According to Cadillac, “Cadillac V-Performance Academy is an exclusive opportunity to test the motorsport pedigrees of the CTS-V and ATS-V on one of America’s most demanding racetracks. Our experienced instructors will guide you to explore the limits of each vehicle’s power and capabilities, while expanding your high-performance driving skillset. The academy is Included at no additional cost for new 2017 and 2018 V-Series owners and available to non-owners who are interested in purchasing the program.
More information on all of the V-Performance programs is available at WWW.Cadillac.com.