Ford responds to Consumer Reports' claim that MyFord Touch "stinks"
It was just a matter of time before Ford responded to Consumer Reports’ recent condemnation of the MyFord Touch system. On Tuesday, Jim Farley, Ford Motor Co.’s global marketing chief told Automotive News that the automaker is committed to making MyFord Touch an industry-leading device.
That said, Farley does concede that Ford should not be exempt from criticism. In fact, Farley told Automotive News that there is always room for improvement. “We have an obligation to listen to feedback and do everything we can,” said Farley. He went on to say that Ford would dedicate “whatever resources are required to make the system more usable.”
Farley also added that Consumer Reports’ scathing review “won’t change our commitment to being a leader in infotainment.” According to Farley, this commitment is a never-ending when it comes to product perfection. “We want to be the best at it even when it means we have to improve usability forever.”
Although Ford has continued to tinker with the problematic MyFord Touch system, Consumer Reports argued last week that the updated system is still lacking. In an article titled “Why the MyFord Touch control system stinks,” the consumer watchdog site contends “MyFord Touch still frustrates us like few other control systems.”