Stellantis is sending its final ICE versions out with a bang. We are seeing huge horsepower special editions of the Dodge Charger, Challenger, Durango and now the Chrysler 300. The 2023 Chrysler 300 C brings back the HEMI and high-performance. The 2023 Chrysler C will have 485 horsepower and 475 lb.-ft. of torque.
2023 Chrysler 300 C
- Only 2,000 2023 Chrysler 300 C vehicles will be produced for the U.S.
- Chrysler 300 production will end following the 2023 model year
- Top speed of 160 miles per hour
- Chrysler 300 C reaches 60 mph in just 4.3 seconds and covers the quarter-mile in 12.4 seconds
- Features include red four-piston Brembo brakes, a 3.09 limited slip differential, active damping suspension, active exhaust system and black rounded exhaust tips
- New version of tri-color 300 C badge on grille and rear decklid differentiate the limited-production 300 C
- 300 C interior includes carbon-fiber accents and embroidered 300 C logos
Chrysler 300’s Legendary History
It seems fitting that the final version of the legendary 300 C would be introduced in downtown Detroit, in front of the Spirit of Detroit Statue. The model has a 70-year history. First introduced in 1955, it was reborn in 2005. However, it reached maximum exposure after Detroit rapper Eminem did a commercial featuring the smaller Chrysler 200 and the city of Detroit. Suddenly, the larger, more luxurious Chrysler 300 became the symbol of luxury in the Motor City. Its popularity grew among the younger crowd because of Chrysler’s affiliation with Eminem and the music industry.
“We’re celebrating the Chrysler 300 and it’s iconic legacy in the automotive world,” said Chris Feuell, Chrysler brand chief executive officer. “The Chrysler 300 changed the automotive world in so many ways, and we will carry that spirit of ingenuity forward as we transform Chrysler with a fully electrified future and breakthrough customer experiences.”
The 2023 Chrysler 300 C will only be available in 3 colors: Gloss Black, Velvet Red and Bright White.
2023 Chrysler 300C features a U.S. manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) of $55,000. It is built in Brampton, Ontario. The Brampton plant will close for retooling after the final 2023 versions of the Dodge Challengers, Chargers and Chrysler 300 Cs are built.
Reservations are available now at reservation.chrysler.com.
For more information on the Chrysler brand, visit www.chrysler.com.
Mary Conway is a professional automotive journalist and has decades of experience specializing in automotive news analysis. She covered the Detroit Three for more than twenty years for the ABC affiliate, in Detroit. Her affection for the Motor City comes naturally. Her father ran a gas station while Mary was growing up, in Wisconsin.
Follow Mary Conway at @maryconwaymedia and send her car news tips for future stories.