Automotive News

This section of Torque News provides the latest auto news and updates from the car manufacturers. Every day number of news stories and editorials are published here that give our readers an overview of what is happening in the automotive industry. Read this section daily to find out about new cars, vehicle reviews and car pictures. Torque News is an automotive news website by Hareyan Publishing, LLC, dedicated to covering the latest news, reviews and opinions about the car industry.
First Locally Produced Mercedes-Benz GLK Compact SUV Rolls off the Line in China

Daimler, AKKA Techonologies creating new consultancy

AKKA Technologies is acquiring a 65 percent share in the Daimler subsidiary MBtech Group while Daimler remains a significant shareholder and client with the remaining 35 percent, subject to antitrust approval. The two companies complement each other’s sectoral structure, client portfolio and regional positioning creating new opportunities for MBtech employees.
Chevy Volt

GM techs zeroing in on Volt fire cause, solution

The glycol solution used to cool the batteries in the Chevrolet Volt’s is the most likely cause of the fires that broke out in the cars after government crash tests, an informed yet unnamed source has reported. Apparently the coolant crystallized over time, causing an electrical short that sparked the fires, based on preliminary reports.
The front end of the 2013 Dodge Dart R/T

Chrysler CEO: 2013 Dodge Dart will get 40mpg

Yesterday, the Chrysler Group offered up the first official information on the new 2013 Dodge Dart including a couple tightly cropped teaser images and a brief mention of the engines available at launch but while speaking yesterday with Reuters, Chrysler/Fiat CEO Sergio Marchionne declared that the new Dodge Dart will be the first Chrysler Group vehicle to offer 40 miles per gallon.
The 2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Coupe

The 2012 Camaro ZL1 could be the best muscle there ever will be

The 2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 packs a supercharged V8 engine first offered in the Cadillac V-Series models along with a high tech suspension system that has made its rounds in General Motors’ Corvette ZR1 and Z06 supercars. These are two features of many that help make the 2012 Camaro ZL1 one of the most amazing performance cars of all time but is the new super Camaro one of the best muscle cars of all time - or is it the best muscle car there will ever be?
The 2011 Nissan Leaf

Nissan bringing Leaf to new markets as release anniversary nears

Just days before the first anniversary of the initial Nissan LEAF delivery on Dec. 11, Nissan North America, Inc. (NNA) is expanding availability of the all-electric vehicle into new U.S. markets. Having moved 20,000 units globally in its first year, the Nissan LEAF remains the world's first and only all-electric car in the mass market.
Wireless Car targets automobile as integral to connected society

Wireless Car targets automobile as integral to connected society

In an exclusive presentation preceding the 10th Annual Consumer Telematics Show 2012 scheduled for Jan 9 at Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas, NV, USA, Martin Rosell, Managing Director at Wireless Car, revealed the collaborative ecosystem in a recorded live presentation that is to boost the uptake and retention of telematics services, making the car an integral part of the connected society.
Toyota research is constant as this 2008 TEMA robot shows.

Toyota pushing limits of automotive safety with four new projects

Toyota's Collaborative Safety Research Center (CSRC) has announced four new research projects plus three new research partnerships focused to advance innovative vehicle safety technologies across the industry. Initially launched in January 2011 with an investment of $50 million, the CSRC pursues research via a collaborative model that prioritizes sharing talent and technology with a broad range of institutions.